Zenith X960 Console Stereo

Orthophonic, thanks for the info! I think I'll start a new thread for more relevancy and less zombie-thread action.

OP that is my fav console, hands down, I just wish they made that cabinet earlier cause i want one stuffed with tube stuffs. They are very mid-century modern. If/when I ever get one Ill have to restuff it with vacuumness

Yes, the louvers are adjustable. More of a design exercise than anything else i think but super cool. In another post about these pieces someone suggested that the louvers were "gimmicky" and the OP was incensed maintaining the the were very useful in directing the sound.

The unit is solid state.

The 960 is one of the most sought after solid state consoles due mostly i think to their gorgeous mid century cabinet but i've also heard it said that they are also one of, if not the best sounding consoles made.

Mark

Mine is just like this, but the record storage is infront of the platyer, and in it's place on yours, is a reel-to-reel that slides up out of the console. Mine works, but hums... got at a yard sale for $10. :music: Mine has 2 lights on the outside center bottom... assume one for receiver one for reel to reel???

Appears to be a Zenith 930, lower end but still very nice. Has the VM changer. Still excellent. Still expensive when new. Reel to Reel recorders were only available in the upper model lines. You have what is most likely the top of the normal Zenith model lineup then. There was a prestige Zenith series which was the highest end with reel to reels and the USA made belt drive changers, the 960 is one of those.

Back
Top Bottom