Zero auto formers and tube amps.

Drummerboy2

Hello all, I seen this site a while back about the Zero Autoformers and tube amps PP, SET, and OTL's. Does anyone hear have first hand experience with these and could you please share you thoughts or results on these?

I am seriously thinking of getting some for my system since I have the Latino VTA-120 amp and looking to build a Transcendent Sound OTL amp. I hear OTL amps like higher impedance speakers for best results. I recently sold my Paradign Esprits that ere 4 ohms. I will be starting on two new pairs of diy speakers. One pair will be a 2 way system with GPA drivers and a Zilch Z19 xover 8 ohms and the other pair will be a Line Array that the impedance will be somewhere between 16-4 ohms.

I have also read that going up even higher speaker impedance than 16 ohms will be even better for the OTL amps with better sound. I'm new to the OTL amp thing so please be patient with me as I'm learning this.

I hear that these Zero's will make the speakers a better match for the tube amps especially the OTL amps with better sound due to the better Impedance matching.

Please, I would really like replies from those with actual experience with this product and no replies from others that have just heard or read something bad. I don't want this tread to got off in another direction as has happened to me before. If you can please explain in detail why this did or didn't work for you in your system would be helpful instead of just a blank statement. This will go a long way to helping me and others out who may also be looking into this product.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom