Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Thanks for the link, I just noticed that they are listed as "Closeout", so get 'em while you can. The real QSC is at least 3 times the price...
I absolutely would if I could and had a use for it. At $10 each I thinks that's quite a deal.

I know these following suggestions takes this project out of the eWave realm, but if I were to do this again, I would use this ribbon tweeter instead of the horn and CD.
1. It will be $40 cheaper.
2. It will not take up any space so the internal dimensions would be bigger so deeper lows with that woofer.
3. you wouldn't the extra horn compensation after the crossover.
4. it matches (mostly) the sensitivity of the woofer so no L-Pad required.

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ribbon-tweeters/hi-vi-rt1.3we-isodynamic-tweeter/

Are you saying this tweeter instead of CD jiust for your last project, or instead of econowaves in general?

No, no. Just for my last project. The horn and CD took up too much space for the woofer in that size cabinets.

I've been waiting for a sale on the DS315's over at PE, and they just dropped 6 bucks a piece. I'm not sure how to rationalize $12 being the deciding factor, when I probably waste more than that on things I don't even think about - but if anyone else has been sitting on the fence, now might be the time to check them out.

There's a guy on ebay selling some D220Ti's with standard eWave "Large Horns". Nice description:

"Here are a pair of JBL Selenium D220Ti 8 ohm Compression Drivers.
The drivers are new, mounted but never used.
They were planned for a DIY project (Econowaves, a famous Zilch design).
The horns are 12" wide by 6 1/2" tall."

On ebay.com search for "Zilch Horns".
<Gone now, of course.>

Last edited:
Hello guys. I have selenium d2500ti-nd(8ohms) drivers and jbl 338800 horns. Id like build ecos with pro woofer. I have try to find set up:s, but no matches. If you have crossover desing and woofer specs(under 150 bucks each), and if you recommend some cabinet, i will do it. Best reg. MIKKO

Here is the crossover and parts list.

Attachments

• image_6712.jpg
    image_6712.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image_6714.jpg
    image_6714.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 37
Hello guys. I have selenium d2500ti-nd(8ohms) drivers and jbl 338800 horns. Id like build ecos with pro woofer. I have try to find set up:s, but no matches. If you have crossover desing and woofer specs(under 150 bucks each), and if you recommend some cabinet, i will do it. Best reg. MIKKO
Since you have a pro 18" woofer ( with high sensitivity ) I'll assume you also want a high sensitivity EconoWave.

Zilch designed the SR compact for just that purpose. If you want something less efficient ( that sounds nice & full-range ) go with Dennis's suggestion .

Zilch condensed ( & rationalized ) many flavours of EconoWave into the following list ( click the pic );

Follow the ( Summary ) link beside the SR Compact listing to get details on the parts needed.
- Also, the horn used here ( H6512 ) is a clone of the JBL that you already have in your possession.

The advantage to choosing a product from this list is that you won't need to design your own crossover.

:)

If you have the part number: 245-324

You can still see the specs:

Specifications: • Internal volume: 1.6 cu. ft. • Dimensions: 24-1/2" H x 17" W (front), 10-1/4" (rear) x 13-1/8" D.

If you have the part number: 245-324

You can still see the specs:

Specifications: • Internal volume: 1.6 cu. ft. • Dimensions: 24-1/2" H x 17" W (front), 10-1/4" (rear) x 13-1/8" D.

Too bad they are not available anymore. I was thinking of using them in real nice veneer for my brother.

Back
Top Bottom