Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Do you have a copy of that one 4343?
I do.
Just finished reading this entire thread again. (Just noticed I did not reply to this as I finished...)
This time I saved as much info as possible. So many broken links!

Anyways, this is the generic Jack Giff crossover converted to Charge-Coupled, AKA Biased.

Attachments

• EWaveCC BiAmp.jpg
    EWaveCC BiAmp.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 68
So today I picked up a pair of Bozak speaker cabinets (empty) along with the matching stereo cabinet (also empty). Been reading a lot of the informative posts and I think I am ready to delve into making myself a pair of econowaves. I couldn't let the cabinets go to a landfill.

Looks like 4.9 cu ft. Will have to see what woofer I can scrounge up.
20160905_120314.jpg

Last edited:
I can't search with this phone, but someone built the eWaves with those cabs and woofer. By all accounts, they sounded wonderful. Can you post pix of the inside of the cab?

I can't search with this phone, but someone built the eWaves with those cabs and woofer. By all accounts, they sounded wonderful. Can you post pix of the inside of the cab?

Not much to look at. Front baffle was removed with a sawzall. Didn't know that until I got them home.

That might be ok as you would most likely replace the baffle to accommodate the new woof and horn. Also, it's been my experience that cabs from that era need a lot of bracing. Can you post close ups of how the baffle was cut out.

Did a little searching and those are Bozak 302 Urban cabinets. The woofer was not standard size so the hole for their 12" woof would be too big anyway for a drop in woofer so the front baffle had to go anyhow. How wobbly are the cabs? Will they need bracing?

20160906_112415.jpg
Here is one. Plan on using a router to square up the cut. Not sure what the heck the "platform" was for. It is installed in both cabinets. Yes I will be bracing these big time, especially if I install the big JBL woofers. :)

Do the backs come off? If so, remove all the stuffing to see if the baffle boards come off from inside.

So today I picked up a pair of Bozak speaker cabinets (empty) along with the matching stereo cabinet (also empty). Been reading a lot of the informative posts and I think I am ready to delve into making myself a pair of econowaves. I couldn't let the cabinets go to a landfill.

Looks like 4.9 cu ft. Will have to see what woofer I can scrounge up.
View attachment 785444

Nice. That setup can make an excellent "soundbar".

Attachments

• IMG_20160921_211809.jpg
    IMG_20160921_211809.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 85
Nice. That setup can make an excellent "soundbar".

Very, very nice. My setup is almost identical except my stereo cabinet doesn't have the top that opens which is okay since I plan on putting my turntable on top. Getting closer. My remaining baffles are removed and starting cleaning up all 3 cabinets with Formby's Furniture Refinisher.

Back
Top Bottom