Zombieland

soundweasel

My wife took me to see it as part of my ongoing birthday celebration!

What a riot!

Go see it for alot of gross-out laughs! :D

Happy Birthday and glad you enjoyed the movie!

What an appropriate way to celebrate your birthday- by bringing the ancient "walking dead" to see a zombie film!

:D

Happy Birthday and glad you enjoyed the movie!

What an appropriate way to celebrate your birthday- by bringing the ancient "walking dead" to see a zombie film!

:D

You think I should have brought a banjo and a shotgun to the AK party?

As soon as I saw the trailers I knew I had to see this movie. A great twist on a horror movie staple. My college freshman son and I went last weekend and we had a blast. Clever writing and well acted. Never have zombies moved so fast!

I enjoyed it myself. Not as funny as Shawn of the Dead or Return of the Living Dead, but a fun, close to Halloween movie.

I'm definitely interested in seeing this movie. I'm a huge zombie-genre fan. As far as the spoof movies go, I like them as long as they don't skimp-out on the special effects, makeup, and that sort of thing. "Shaun Of The Dead" was great for that. But I really prefer the "real deal" zombie flicks like George Romero and a couple of others have made (the original "Dawn Of The Dead" (1977) and "Day Of The Dead" (1985) - The "Dawn" remake (2004) is also good, and that "Day Of The Dead" ('07 or '08) with Mena Suvari and Ving Rhames is not bad, but not exactly great either - still worth seeing though). I don't particularly like the cheesy ones. Peter Jackson made a great zombie spoof back in the early '90's called "Dead Alive" (If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to check it out).

I prefer slow zombies to the fast-moving ones. But it's nice to have both to choose from. However, I want to see more movies with the slow-movers. There seems to be a growing trend of too-many movies with fast ones these days - like the Danny Boyle-directed "28 Days Later" and it's sequel (I think both were great as far as zombie flicks go, but I still have my preference for the old-school "Night Of The Living Dead"-style, slow-moving zombies, and I'd like to see more films like that). Zombies aren't supposed to be catatonic or super-enraged living people - They're supposed to be dead people who come back to life (or living people who get bit by a zombie and then die and come back to life). People, there are rules to this stuff, and filmmakers shouldn't ignore the existence of these rules. Danny Boyle should have called that movie "28 Angry Days Later". Zombies aren't angry - They're just very, very-hungry.

Last edited:
My two oldest boys and I saw it last Friday. Pretty darned funny! I can't believe how much Emma Stone reminds me of Lindsay Lohan (in a good way).

Went and saw it this past Saturday night. Talk about a gut-buster if you like twisted-humor. The Bill Murray bit was over the top :D

Back
Top Bottom