Zune Help...

goraman

I just got my wife a new 80 gig Zune and M-AUDIO IE-10 ear buds $360.00 dollers later,I have no idea how much compression is in what file.What is lossless called and how do you make the player load that insted of MP3 or what ever?

lossless music formats such as FLAC are usually not supported on portable players because they take too much processing power to play. I don't know about the Zune but it probably supports mp3 and wma (lossy music codecs) with bitrates around 320kbps.

The Zune player uses "monitored folders" in the settings, similar to Windows Media player. Add any folder on the machine where you have media files and the zune player will add them to your collection.

You can get a specific file's bit-rate information by right-clicking on the file in File Explorer and selecting Properties > Details.

Thanks,what is the best format for music,they list a bunch mp3,wma,mp4 and menny others...

Thanks,what is the best format for music,they list a bunch mp3,wma,mp4 and menny others...

Archive music you want in digital format using any lossless format of your choice. I store digital music on my external hard drives in FLAC.

I convert FLAC files to a high rate lossy format like mp3 (192-320) or ogg vorbis for use on my portable player.

To rip music to FLAC, I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC). An easier bit of software to use is MediaMonkey. Both are freeware.

Windows Media Audio Lossless is the only lossless format supported by the Zune AFAIK
You must initally convert your CD's to lossless, you cannot transcode a lower bitrate file into a lossless file. You can convert the lossless files to other formats if you like, to save space or use with other devices.

Back
Top Bottom