ZZ Top in Concert

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
My wife and I saw ZZ Top last evening, the first time for both of us. They put on a great show with lots of excellent tunes. The atmosphere was electric and both the band and crowd were high energy.
Thought I'd share a few pics from the show:

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1259-1.jpg

IMG_1257-1.jpg

IMG_1256-1.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

Very cool... I saw them years ago. Incredible energy from just three guys. Glad you enjoyed them and great pics!

Wow. What's going on with the speakers??? They have a great sound system. Gibbons just got married a few years ago. He's a true guitar legend. His illustrated Guitar Book is interesting. He has a guitar which was made out of the roof timbers of Muddy Water's home and it has the Mississippi river painted down the fretboard to the tail of the guitar.

I have some photos posted on Flickr from York PA and Pittsburgh 2008:

zzzzc1e2d4o.jpg

Last edited:
Real Rock and Roll Royalty.

I saw them last august locally, it was a FANTASTIC show. I'm happy you got out to see them. I don't think my music life would be complete without seeing them in concert was checked off

The first real concert I ever attended was ZZ Top back in the early 80's, the Afterburner tour. Fantastic show.

I never would have thought ZZ Top would play the auditorium. I graduated on that stage. I was probably sitting right where those crooked speakers are to the left of the drummer.
I missed the show here. New kid, so budget is a little tight.

Saw the "Concrete and Steel" tour

My father always wanted to live until 2000 but past away in 1997, When ZZ lauched into 2000 Blues I fired up my hash pipe,looked to sky and said this one's for you Dad.:smoke: They put on a great show,did Rough Boy,Legs and they even pulled up T.V. Dinner from Eliminator.

Nice pics.I saw them I believe during the Eliminator era.Wished it would have been the Fandango or Tres Hombres era.Still it was a good show.

I saw them in 1973 in Portland, OR on the Tres Hombres tour. One of the first concerts I ever went to. They played with Uriah Heep. They were a normal looking band from Texas. I loved Tres Hombres...

Then I saw them in 1975 on the Fandango tour (again in Portland) and they were a whole nother animal...

The rest is history...

I saw them in Tupelo. They put on a great show. The vocal mix sucked though. Either Billy Gibbons is loosing his voice or the sound man did know what in the hell he was doing. Right in the middle of Legs the lost all power to the PA. A friend of mine who does sound said they may have tripped a breaker on and amp rack. I paid 9.98 plus the usual Ticket Master gouge. I think the normal price for a floor seat was $70. My ticket came from a Radio Station promotion. Ticket prices have gotten insane. I am afraid my concert days are almost over.

Harry

I saw them Sept. 1974 at University of Texas Memorial Stadium. They had special guest Santana, Joe Cocker and Bad Company. Great pictures!

I saw them Sept. 1974 at University of Texas Memorial Stadium. They had special guest Santana, Joe Cocker and Bad Company. Great pictures!

Me too, but that was one HOT day out in that damn stadium...I saw them the year before in Houston....that was the "ZZTop Barn Dance and Bar-B-Q" series, wasn't it?

Me too, but that was one HOT day out in that damn stadium...I saw them the year before in Houston....that was the "ZZTop Barn Dance and Bar-B-Q" series, wasn't it?
Yea it was very hot. I do remember that...I think that was the last concert held at memorial stadium because they had to replace the turf.

Listening to Tres Hombres now and I pulled up this thread to see the pictures and they are awesome. Must have been a great show. It feels like your right there. Nice job!! :thmbsp:

I love ZZ Top.I saw them live three years ago. My best buddy (RIP) looked just like Billy Gibbons. When i start missing him i just put on a ZZ Top Video.

DSC00254.jpg

Fandango is a very fuzzy memory now. I have seen them several times and tours since then. I wonder if it ever gets old being so talented and cool?

Hey Broons, Did they do the "Moving Sidewalks" thing?

Back
Top Bottom