ZZ Top In Tupelo

HarryB

About a week ago I got a deal on tickets to ZZ Top in Tupelo MS.
The normal price was around$70. A radio station changed their format back to rock from Alternative (Noise) Rock. They had a block of tickets they sold for $9.85+ the Usual Ticket Master Gouge. The show was pretty good. Their vocal mix sucked unless Billy Gibbons is loosing his voice. They played all the classics.
Right in the middle of Legs they lost all sound. A friend of mine who does sound said they may have tripped a breaker on an amp rack.They recovered quick. For a 3 piece band they can still rock pretty hard.The 1 nice thing about the Arena in Tupelo is it is small enough that there are not any bad seats. I would not have paid the normal price to see them or any other band. Ticket prices have gotten way too high. I did notice the show was no where near sold out. That explains the radio station promotion. It was worth the $14 I paid to see them. Actually, it was $19 counting the $5 beer I drank.

Harry

Wow, totally different experiance than I had this past year seeing them in DC.

The sound was BY FAR one of the very best sounding shows I've ever heard for a concert. It was a very small venue. Less than 1500. Sold out... Tickets were $35 each, and the gouge fee...

I would have paid double to see them where we did and with how great it sounded. They still had it, and man was it a hell of a great show.

Dang, I hate I missed that special. I knew they were coming to town, but no way was I going to pay full price. Being in college, I've got to ration out my concerts haha.

About a week ago I got a deal on tickets to ZZ Top in Tupelo MS.
The normal price was around$70. A radio station changed their format back to rock from Alternative (Noise) Rock. They had a block of tickets they sold for $9.85+ the Usual Ticket Master Gouge. The show was pretty good. Their vocal mix sucked unless Billy Gibbons is loosing his voice. They played all the classics.
Right in the middle of Legs they lost all sound. A friend of mine who does sound said they may have tripped a breaker on an amp rack.They recovered quick. For a 3 piece band they can still rock pretty hard.The 1 nice thing about the Arena in Tupelo is it is small enough that there are not any bad seats. I would not have paid the normal price to see them or any other band. Ticket prices have gotten way too high. I did notice the show was no where near sold out. That explains the radio station promotion. It was worth the $14 I paid to see them. Actually, it was $19 counting the $5 beer I drank.

Harry

What great timing a good song to lose sound on.They lost me when they went disco.:no:

Back
Top Bottom