What does "Your" Workbench look like ???

Sluggo

I dont have one and Im looking for ideas,:scratch2:
So I can put one in my study.
I have about 8 ft by 4 ft of space to work with.
I have been working on Speakers and units
on my kitchen table and need a proper place to work.
Please post photo's of where you work your Magic!
(and whatever gear may be on it too)
Thanks-Sluggo

Well, I guess we can revive this topic again, seen as how the really great pictures from the old thread were lost in the great database crash...

Although there are a few "bench" threads that have happened since then where pictures SHOULD still be there. All I did was use the search in advanced mode, searched on "bench" in thread titles ONLY and I got two pages worth of threads to check out, including Pustelniakr's bench.... considering the magic he works, it should be a good example... although the bench doesn't MAKE the tech, it sure can HINDER the tech... edit: drat, sorry, that thread has missing pictures BUT if you follow the thread there IS a picture of his bench (and an old one of mine too)....

I will try to find some of my pictures and post one, but remember I have no SWMBO to dictate room function or WAF.

Edit, the rack tacked on the side of the picture resides at the pov of the camera now, and the space vacated by the scopes, generators and such to fill the second rack is now occupied by a tektronix aa501 distortion analyzer and a st-1000a fm generator, among other things including a lab quality 5 1/2 digit dmm.

edit 2: as of 03/08 new pictures:

Attachments

• bench2.JPG
    bench2.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,936
  • bench4.JPG
    bench4.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,941
...Please post photo's of where you work your Magic!

ha...and be the laughing stock!

I ususally do "clean" work on my desk in my office. My shop/garage bench has wood working tools and projects, a turntable, plumbing stuff, assorted misc. piles of crap and a gourd.

btw...there is no magic in what I do. A lot of praying though.

New annex to the mancave ie. workshop:thmbsp:

Last edited:
Yaaay, I was waiting for this type of thread to come up. I hate having to work on the LR coffee table. Re-capping in there was tough. Please post pics you owners of immaculate work spaces with all of the gizmos a guy could want & spot lighting and plenty of outlets and the aroma of fresh solder in the morning... Oh what I would do for a workbench.................:yes::yes::yes:

ha...and be the laughing stock!

I ususally do "clean" work on my desk in my office. My shop/garage bench has wood working tools and projects, a turntable, plumbing stuff, assorted misc. piles of crap and a gourd.

btw...there is no magic in what I do. A lot of praying though.

Ah, yes, "clean" work. That also goes on my office desk. The room also pulls duty as a bedroom and listening room.
The "dirty" work? Either the basement floor or the flagstone patio with a roof at the back door. I just don't have any room at all for a basement workbench. :tears:

Is the dog in for service too? Recap? Looks like a good k-9 unit there, a keeper for sure. :yes::D:D:D
Woofer that ate a tweeter---Shatze thinks that lower shelf is for her..Shes my audio buddy for sure.

Thanks for the info Mark,I did a search before starting
this thread and came up with lots of archived posts
with No pic's.
Just the names of some of your devices is over my head,Looks like a fun place to play!

Carl,No need to be modest,My skills are limited to
Deoxit cleanings and a Rare speaker re-cap.
I can count the tools I have on both hands.
(Whats are you doing with the gourd?)

Avionic,
Thanks for the Pic's!
I like the shelf over the bench.
I also like the power strip on the edge of the shelf.
Ive got the overhead lighting already there,
Looks like I'll need a bar stool to sit on~

Good start,I Hope those of you that have already
been there/done that to this kind of thread,will post again!

I had to put alot of thought into fitting all my stuff in a 1 bedroom apt, the front half of the front room has most of my TVs and my bench, I artificially divided the front room down the middle by putting a "wall" of TVs on the one side and book shelves and file cabinets on the other. The other half of the room has my desk, book shelves, file cabinets, stuff like that. I stuffed all the closets full of TV parts, CRTs, junk chassis, ..., and it seems to mostly hold all my stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom