• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2000th post...What have I done?

Just had to throw this one up....

Sorry Jimbo....

What's wrong with this picture?

OR

How many beers have I had????....:beerchug::beer::drunk:....:D


attachment.php


hehehee.....:lmao:....:naughty:
 

Attachments

  • CIMG3808_1.JPG
    CIMG3808_1.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 248
Sorry Jimbo....

What's wrong with this picture?

OR

How many beers have I had????....:beerchug::beer::drunk:....:D


attachment.php


hehehee.....:lmao:....:naughty:

Five bucks says Doom looked at those and tried to figure out some way of converting all or a part of one of them into weaponry...
 
Still more pix.....

Hopefully I can get all these pix up soon....


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


This was interesting...Could these be 1004 horns? and the thought of 1804 horns boggles the mind....

attachment.php


Early listening tests...WHOA!!!

attachment.php


2 watts that close will give you 2nd degree burns....:ntwrthy:

Setting up the last set....

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • CIMG3807.JPG
    CIMG3807.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 235
  • CIMG3810.JPG
    CIMG3810.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 277
  • CIMG3809.JPG
    CIMG3809.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 598
  • CIMG3811.JPG
    CIMG3811.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 277
  • CIMG3812.JPG
    CIMG3812.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 279
  • CIMG3820.JPG
    CIMG3820.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG3819_1.JPG
    CIMG3819_1.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 256
  • CIMG3818.JPG
    CIMG3818.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 236
  • CIMG3815.JPG
    CIMG3815.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 234
  • CIMG3814.JPG
    CIMG3814.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 234

:drool:

In this picture, Dr. Doom demonstrates the prototype D-16 sonic nerf cannon. During the first test, the SPL caused the nerf rocket to spontaneously disintegrate and combust. In a related note, the world land speed record for an unmanned vehicle with no wheels was also shattered when this sucker took off...
 
I'd be curious as to what freqs they were running through that cannon, and what the desired results they were looking to achieve... I'm sure wasn't looking to make people **** their pants..
 
Oh yeah, sure, don't show the one where I had it going the right way :D

1804 horns? You mean there's bigger ones?
 
Waiting for me when I get home....

Last pictures for today. Once uncrated and set up, I managed to squeeze all of the components into the 3rd bay of my garage. Even better, I also got the mower and all the bikes back in, getting everything that originally was under roof back inside. OK, so I had to park the mower partially inside the one horn...:D

attachment.php


I will see about finding some time in the next couple of weeks to see if the local AK'ers want to come over and have a little get together or something and check these things out...:thmbsp:

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • CIMG3823.JPG
    CIMG3823.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 340
  • CIMG3827_1.JPG
    CIMG3827_1.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 413
Very nice!

The model number denotes the number of cells and the lowest usable frequency.

1005 = 10 cells(2 rows of 5) and 500hz.

1804 = 18 cells(3 rows of 6) and 400hz.

1804's are massive to nearly biblical proportions, They're almost as big as the A7 bottom half.

1804's in the top pic, 1505's in the bottom pic.

http://www.michaelchrist.com/vintage2.html


Kindred spirit I see. I definitely like his style. Wonder if he has a wife though....:D

So Tom, any way to tell if these are 1004's or 1005's?....:scratch2:
 
Sorry about the poor quality but I don't have a scanner.
Hope this helps.

Bryan
 

Attachments

  • SSC_0084=2.JPG
    SSC_0084=2.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SSC_0083-2.JPG
    SSC_0083-2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 34
  • SSC_0082-2.JPG
    SSC_0082-2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
Cool!

Guess I'll be doing some measurements tonight...

Oh and Tom, did you say something about gaskets between throat and driver or throat and horn? There were none evident when assembling.....:no:
 
Hmmm.....

Well, when we put the drivers on the throats, we found not only the small circular screens, but on two of the three drivers we found a small circular "washer" made of some cardboard type material that was the same size as the screen. Is this the gasket?

However, it doesn't fit flush up against the throat. I really need to take one of the driver/throat's back apart and take some more pix....

Thanks for the refs by the way. I've been a little worried about taking the distorting driver apart to clean the 'phragm. BTW, can I do this with compressed air?
 
Back
Top Bottom