Back from the fest, full report

Woke up 6 am saturday, drove straight up arrived around 1030.

Mrs. Grumpy was very kind, Grumpy helped out with some things as well, also saw luvinvinyl, got a shirt.

Honestly it was a great 4 hours that I spent there, didnt go day 2, or to the concert, started to feel under the weather.

Honestly Im the least shy person, but not knowing anything you probably saw me on my phone, or looking around and standing at the edge of doorways.

I honestly learned alot about theater systems, and listened to some great music, GREAT music, I now want a vinyl record player. So much great new music.

I was also wearing a green and white striped polo.

All in all, it was fun, learned alot, wish I would of known more people and talked to more people. I acted really shy, probably missed out on alot, and hope next year I can have more fun and know/talk to more people.

Hopefully some people saw me

...you probably saw me...looking around and standing at the edge of doorways.

You just described everyone!

I was a little disappointed this year compared to last year, I thought the amount of vendors was down, but maybe it was just me.

The two rooms that stood out for me were the Salk room and the Wadia/Octave/Dynaudio room, with the C1's; two great rooms for me; I did not get to all due to some rooms being busy and not wanting to wait.

A let down for me, not because it was the worse room, but because I expected more, was the room with Harbeth HL5's, using a 20 watt Luxman integrated. I have read so much great about these speakers and the setup just didn't do it for me.

The DeVore (sp?) room was also not as good as I was expecting with what I have been reading. They had the Eights (I don't know if they were the Super's) with Naim gear. One note, I was forced very close to the speakers and they are very short and I sit very tall, so maybe they were better if sitting differently.

A friend went to a speaker building seminar and enjoyed it, but I can't comment.

Brian

Was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Wish I had the time to show you around the place. Next year plan on spending more time :)

Yeah had no problem with people very friendly bunch. Yeah my moms a worrier ha!

anyways, I would of liked to stay longer, even get a little tour, I mean by next year I should know alot more especially specs and stuff about systems. Hopefully Ill even have my own.

Ill keep up in chats and be around the forum everyday. Grumpy you were very kind and helpful and I will be back next year

I mean by next year I should know alot more especially specs and stuff about systems.

Nah, forget that stuff. Next year get your butt into the rooms, sit down, have a listen, talk with the folks in the room, and all that stuff.

Good catch on that quote, Ed. :thmbsp:

Nah, forget that stuff. Next year get your butt into the rooms, sit down, have a listen, talk with the folks in the room, and all that stuff.

Good catch on that quote, Ed. :thmbsp:

I agree with Ray, Sit, listen and enjoy. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom