Chicago-Area AKers! Save Feb. 25th.

I think I'll drag my g/f with me...I got her some Def Techs last year and it was a revelation.

There are plenty of SO's there. They stand around and roll their eyes, but just for a little while. Then, fairly quickly, the natural forces of the universe cause them to slowly group together, and they spend the rest of the evening telling each other how supportive they're being of your hobby. :D

Seriously, bring them along. :yes:

There are plenty of SO's there. They stand around and roll their eyes, but just for a little while. Then, fairly quickly, the natural forces of the universe cause them to slowly group together, and they spend the rest of the evening telling each other how supportive they're being of your hobby. :D

Seriously, bring them along. :yes:

QFT. Thanks Clay. That's an accurate representation plus my wife loves the company. Seriously, we have had more than several SOs in the past. BTW, my wife has been the motivator behind this year's Get Together. She claims it's her favorite party (go figure?).

Think about this as an "open house" organized around audio equipment, music, food, beverages and camaraderie (not necessarily in that order). Newbies, please note that we were all newbies when we got together here the first time 4 years ago. While many of us have become friends as a result, you are most welcome.

Please bring SOs or others. I will post a request for a head count soon so please let me know how many to expect so there will be an appropriate amount of main dish to eat. Once I compile a list of those who have expressed interest in attending here, I'll PM you all a list of directions, instructions and long-winded drivel. You can pay attention to what you want and my cell number will be posted for those of you who are directionally challenged.

I always ask those attending to bring an appetizer to share on the theory that if you share food, you make friends. That, and please plan on bringing your beverage of choice. Otherwise, I'll provide the ice, space, heat and electricity along with a main dish (as yet undecided but could be pizza, Chilli or BBQ Pork). If that presents a problem, my wife (a budding vegetarian) will no doubt have an alternative.

It's starting to build and I'm really looking forward to it as it always proves to be a fantastic time, for most attending. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it, CW 82. Sorry I didn't contact you directly. Glad to see you got word anyway.

Where's Snade, Fisherdude, Clyde, Cubdog, Powerman, Blzatrl (and his gorgeous MKIIIs), Zekeman, SWL2000

Present! I'll be there and look forward to seeing everyone. I'll probably ride down with Blzatrl....between the two of us we'll probably bring some HH Scott integrateds (222c, LK 48, 299???) and some tube cd players. :thmbsp:

Present! I'll be there and look forward to seeing everyone. I'll probably ride down with Blzatrl....between the two of us we'll probably bring some HH Scott integrateds (222c, LK 48, 299???) and some tube cd players. :thmbsp:

Glad you can make it, Scott. Looking forward to seeing you and hearing your equipment.

Hi Robie,

I'm planning on making it even though the next day I'm going to Wausau to hear DaveC's 300B amps on his highly modified RF25's. A lot of driving but I really enjoyed your get together last time.

I'll have to see if I can hook up with SWL3600 and Blzatrl again.

Wish we'd be able to hear the monster 100lbs of 45 mono amps I designed for AKer jdg123 that he's just completed but he's over in Northern Michigan and we'd need a very efficient speaker for the 1.8 watts it makes. I should be posting the amp on AK soon.

Thanks for the invite!

SET12

Last edited:
Hi Robie,

I'm planning on making it even though the next day I'm going to Wausau to hear DaveC's 300B amps on his highly modified RF25's. A lot of driving but I really enjoyed your get together last time.

I'll have to see if I can hook up with SWL3600 and Blzatrl again.

Thanks for the invite!

SET12

Glad to hear this news, Dan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom