Fisher Studio Standard MT-6420 TT

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Fisher Studio Standard MT-6420 TT Arrived!

Hi Analog Fans,

I picked up this Fisher TT , from the internet, Fisher MT-6420, Speeds were off as usual with this model type. Cleaned what needed to be cleaned and she plays great now again for another 20 years, the needle is in good shape too, nice DD Model. The seller listened to me about how to pack it for shipping.

A couple pics to share.:D

Thanks,
John.:music:

Last edited:
another MT-6420

Hi, I just picked this up, MT-6420. I see it is the same as the one I had.

No dust cover.. :scratch2:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 117
Up and working so far... :thmbsp:

Need a stylus.. using a temporary one. :scratch2:

Happy New Year! :banana::music::D

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 87
Hi, in the picture, I get the feeling that the cartridge is mis-aligned. Shouldn't it be parallel to the center line of the headshell? Just checking.

Nice job cleaning up that turntable and getting it working again. It's good to see another one of these around here -- I don't think too many survived the 1980s. This is the model that got me back into vinyl a few years ago after 20 years of listening to nothing but CDs. I picked up an '80s-vintage Fisher rack system that included this TT with a Realistic/Shure RXT-4 cartridge installed and was off to the races in building a new collection of vinyl (now 1,000 albums strong). It has long been supplanted by a Technics SL-1700 MkII in my main system, but I still use it in a spare system once in a while and appreciate the role it played in reminding me of the greatness of vinyl.

Hi, in the picture, I get the feeling that the cartridge is mis-aligned. Shouldn't it be parallel to the center line of the headshell? Just checking.

It has been corrected thank you. :thmbsp: It was loose in the headshell. :D

Nice job cleaning up that turntable and getting it working again. It's good to see another one of these around here -- I don't think too many survived the 1980s. This is the model that got me back into vinyl a few years ago after 20 years of listening to nothing but CDs. I picked up an '80s-vintage Fisher rack system that included this TT with a Realistic/Shure RXT-4 cartridge installed and was off to the races in building a new collection of vinyl (now 1,000 albums strong). It has long been supplanted by a Technics SL-1700 MkII in my main system, but I still use it in a spare system once in a while and appreciate the role it played in reminding me of the greatness of vinyl.

Hi, thanks for your post, I like the Older TT's sometimes that slipped through the cracks. I had this Model a few years ago, had to sell it . I spotted this one and snatched it up. Works great after some minor servicing. I may change to a better cartridge to see how it compares. Vinyl is King around here!:music: I have 15 TT's here and some more to be fixed in storage.
Enjoy your Music!:thmbsp:

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Fisher Studio Standard MT-6420 TT Arrived!

Hi Analog Fans,

I picked up this Fisher TT , from the internet, Fisher MT-6420, Speeds were off as usual with this model type. Cleaned what needed to be cleaned and she plays great now again for another 20 years, the needle is in good shape too, nice DD Model. The seller listened to me about how to pack it for shipping.

A couple pics to share.:D

Thanks,
John.:music:

Hey John, or anyone...
I have a model MT-6330. In the service manual, I found the part number for my Dust Cover (131 0 2022 90221). I'm trying to determine if its the same part number on model MT-6420?

Back
Top Bottom