Micro Seiki "Solid 1"

Dynacophil

I ain't Phil, I'm 'phile
Hi

Does anybody know anything about this Belt Drive TT or has a source of pics or Tech Information?

Found a seller selling a Lot of Crap for cheap and i believe that the offered TT in this Lot is this player...

Helge

Helge,

Strange, I just checked and the link works.
Anyway, I´ve just downloaded the PDF user´s manual.
PM me your email if you would like me to send it to you, only 366 Kb.
Jorge

hifi_nut said:
Helge,

Strange, I just checked and the link works.
Anyway, I´ve just downloaded the PDF user´s manual.
PM me your email if you would like me to send it to you, only 366 Kb.
Jorge

It works again, thank you!

but there is no MR 122 - he told me its a MR 122...

HH

Last edited:
You got me confused here.
Is it a Solid 1 or an Mr 122?

I´m attaching a pic from an MR 111 ( stolen from thevinylengine.com ) which might be similar. In fact it doesn´t look like there is a big difference to the Solid 1.
I believe these models were BOTL in Micro´s line-up, but being Micro Seiki, above average anyway.
Jorge

Hi(fi)Nut

In the auction he wrote Micro belt drive Solid 1.

in a mail he wrote MR-122 - this should be correct. don't know where he got the solid 1 from.

i am confused too :)

what should i offer him for a MR-122 in as he tells me very good condition?
I have to count that from suisse shipping isn't cheap.. i guess 35EU i have calculate for this.

Helge

Last edited:
The Solid 1 was modeled after the Tannoy/ Micro TM 55 DD you see as my avatar. Solid 1 was belt drive, the T/M was direct.

Not as nice as the T/M IMHO but looks just like it. T/M was the predecessor to Micro/ Seiki.

bordeno said:
The Solid 1 was modeled after the Tannoy/ Micro TM 55 DD you see as my avatar. Solid 1 was belt drive, the T/M was direct.

Not as nice as the T/M IMHO but looks just like it. T/M was the predecessor to Micro/ Seiki.

Interesting background about Tannoy. now i know its a MR 122... what do you think about this, and what would you offer someone for it...

btw - you are 356 days younger tan me.. :) that makes me think about the number i get this year...

helge

Can't concentrate right now, too distracted by your avatar :D

I'm not familiar with the other turntable. But I wouldn't offer much since you can get a better turntable than any of these, such as a Sony PS-X7 or PS-X6, for way under $100 on eBay.

One good thing about being 47 is you're not 50 yet which is considered "middle age"

However when you do turn 50 you can buy a Corvette, using the "mid-life crisis" excuse. But selling the excuse to your wife would be a different matter!

Cheers.

bordeno said:
One good thing about being 47 is you're not 50 yet which is considered "middle age"
QUOTE]

Do not illude yourself with that sort of wishful thinking. :no:
Ask any teenager what they see as middle age.
95% of the replies will be " around 40 " :scratch2:
Jorge

bordeno said:
However when you do turn 50 you can buy a Corvette, using the "mid-life crisis" excuse. But selling the excuse to your wife would be a different matter!

Corvette (the one I would want...) would be really more than just Senselessly
here in Germany... i guess gas is getting expensive in usa too, but here we laugh about this, we pay more for a liter then you for a gallon.

800px-Corvette-sting-ray-1963-1.jpg

:) i will try to finish my 1957 NSU Prima Scooter next year... as a bit less bad Reconciliation!

I don't know much about the Seiki, just heard they are well.
In fact, a friend asked me to get him a decent turntable, and i thought an old Micro Seiki could be a nice start into it.
I myself have a Rega P2 in my System and a CEC BD-5200 as source for the PC-System that does right what i want him to...
This would give me the chance to check it out, compare it to my CEC, if really a deal, i would give away the CEC and keep the Micro seiki, if not pass it after check and adjustment.

I thought to offer the Owner 100 Euro including shipping - while shipping is ~35 Euro. 100 Euro are somewhat 115 $?! i am not sure abut exchange rate...

Or do you find it too much?

Helge

Update...
this Guy is a bit confused. first the TT he wants to sell is a Micro Solid 1. Then he sent me a Tech Spec of a MR 122. So i thought its one. Now he sent me pix, and what you guess, its a Solid one again...

attachment.php

It looks ok except the acryl...

Me and a friend ordered 4 Shure M97xe (afriends friend from USA will bring them end of April to Germany) - here 115 EU / ~140$ is the price in the stores...

Attachments

• Bildergruppe 2 014.jpg
    Bildergruppe 2 014.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom