Turntables in the movies

Not a movie but in the show Alcatraz there was a beautiful old TT right at the end of either the first or second episode. The doctor decided to put on some tunes for a post mortem :music:

Edge Of Darkness
edgeofdarkness.png

The Goods Buy Hard Sell Hard
thegoods2.png

TheGoods1.png

Shawshank Redemption
vlcsnap-2012-03-13-19h32m42s43.png

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
M1S1.png

Almost Famous
AlmostFamous.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-13-19h39m41s140.png

Despicable Me
gru-ray.png

The Rum Dairy
RumDiary.png

Equilibrium
s4.png

Austin Powers
ap.png

The Mechanic
m2.png

m3.png

m1.png

Rushmore
vlcsnap-2012-06-22-13h27m57s58.png

Last edited:
why did they leave the meters off the mac tt? that would be the ONLY reason i would want it there. of course, a phono cart wouldnt have nearly enough gain to drive the meters and somehow, the load of driving them would adversely affect the sound BUT...

;^)

Catching up on the second season of Treme I noticed that there's a turntable in the NYC apartment of the Big Chief's son. Can't tell what it is but it's got a wooden base and looks like it's something new. Every time they show it playing I notice that there aren't any audio cables going to the amp that it's sitting on top of :D

Watched MRS. WINTERBOURNE today,and i am pretty sure that the turntable in Paco's room is an Empire 598.

I seem to recall a really slick looking table in Robert Redford's character's mansion in "Indecent Proposal". I've always wondered what it was, but not enough to rent the movie and watch it again...anybody remember what it was? Looked really exotic...VPI, Forsell?

I noticed in Star Trek Into the Darkness Kirk uses a Turntable so even in 2259 Turntables are still in use. As are the Beastie Boys

Intodarknessturntable.png

"A Clockwork Orange. A Mitchell Transcriptor Saturn turntable" grace f9e cartridge and all. i am currently listening to mine.

Not from a movie; Rather, its from a popular TV comedy series: Modern Family.
This is from the end of show credits. Its a rotating record on a turntable, and its tonearm, a Lenco L75 tonearm and headshell:

lenco-avatar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom