Denon Receiver shuts off ????

darth

My 15 year old Denon receiver is losing sound shortly after turning on. When I turn it on, I hear the relay click and it will play for several minutes. Then no sound. If I turn it off for a minute and then turn it back on, it will play for a few seconds/ minutes then No sound. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I figured that much at least. Any technicians have any suggestions? Could it be a simple DIY ?

Hang in there...there are some very sharp folks who will hopefully chime in with usable suggestions for a fix....

Bill

I had a friend bring me a Technics that did that. After a few minutes to play it would say OVERLOAD on the display and shut off.

Turned out to be a single strand of speaker wire about 1/4" long had broken off inside the spring clip terminals and was shorting +ve and -ve.

Sounds like a transistor may be overheating. If you have a can of the freeze-it stuff you can try to spray individual transistors and see if that works.
Maybe I'm wrong. What do I know...

Sounds like a transistor may be overheating. If you have a can of the freeze-it stuff you can try to spray individual transistors and see if that works.
Maybe I'm wrong. What do I know...

That is what my Pioneer SX 850 did. Merrylander fixed it. It was the Q5, and Q7 transistors. The parts were less the 80 Cents. But the knowledge to know how to repair it? That could cost a little more. I watched him fix it. What kind of Denon?

I had an Onkyo receiver that would do that. Traced it to a bad solder joint on a 2w resistor in the power supply. It would run quite hot, and I suppose over time it cracked the solder joint from the heat/cool cycle. I resoldered it and it worked fine after that.

Back
Top Bottom