A belated hello

EMT930

It dawned on me that I've been a member of this forum since Feb 08 and not made a single post, so Ithink an intro is the best place to start.

I've been into hifi for a long time now and from the early 90's have moved more towards vintage hifi.

I've owned lots of great kit over the years and have a now quite close to having my ideal setup(s).

I am currently using:

Toft LBPA-1 pre into Musical Fidelity 550K monoblocks which drive my JBL Array 1400 speakers

A Cambridge Audio C100 pre into a DPA OS51 stereo single ended PE1/100 valve amp which drives my Westrex 2326A speakers

A neumann W444St pre into an Amcron D75 amp to drive my BTH K10A speakers

Sources are:

EMT 930st / 929 / 155st/ TSD15 or TMD25
EMT 938 / 929 / TSD15
Garrard 401 / Acos Lustre / Denon DL102 or Ortofon S15TE or Ortofo SL15E + 2k - 15k SUT / Surrey Electronics DiskAmplifier 4
Pioneer PD-D9-J SACD
Sony PS1 modded
Cambridge Audio CD6
Pioneer RT707
Sansui TU-517

Other bits are :
Sennheiser HD560's
Koss Pro 4a (original)
Western Electric 119C repeating transformers
BBC Propak 2
Musical Fidelity X-10v3
Nakamichi 600

Also have a nice BTH A1A valve amp and pre awaiting a service.

I have lots of vinyl,mainly classical but my tastes are varied so quite an eclectic mix overall.

Welcome to the AK forums! Hope you enjoy it here!

We would love to see some pics of your gear! Sounds pretty cool!

OKwill do but where to post? :scratch2:

The only vintage section is for solid state. Where are the sections for vintage valve amps, Turntables and especially speakers.

I'll post a fewf pics here first.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Beautiful stuff! congratulations...that tube amp looks like those made by a Hungarian fellow..NIce fireplace frame as well!

that tube amp looks like those made by a Hungarian fellow

It is, I purchased one a couple of years ago and I'm still amazed at the bass capability of this amp. I've not heard any other single ended amp come anywhere close to it.

It's started to get a little mains hum in the last couple of months so I'll need to get it checked out. It may be a poor earth somewhere.It used to run virtually silent.

Hey Bud, saw your Westrex spkrs on the Lansing Site and have to say welcome here also .. always nice to see another guy with a wide range of taste in equipment ..

Back
Top Bottom