Infinity RS 5001 Opinions?

11rufus11

Anyone familiar with these speakers? They are 3-way with the EMIT tweeters. Built between 1989 and 1991. I have a chance to purchase these, but I would like some honest opinions before I travel to listen to them.

Anyone familiar with these speakers? They are 3-way with the EMIT tweeters. Built between 1989 and 1991. I have a chance to purchase these, but I would like some honest opinions before I travel to listen to them.
Depending on your audio tastes and listening experience they might or might not be what you want. That being said , if working properly , they should allow for listening enjoyment.

I don't have the 5001, but I am listening to the 5000 right now and they are definitely worth the price of admission. Good detail and bass. Mellow mids.

If you decide to repair or rebuild, you'll want to avail yourself of the experiences around here. They can be improved, but they are a good solid speaker. I ran the 3000 for years and was always on the look-out for a pair of 5000. When I finally got a pair, I could tell they were worth the wait and look.

If you get them, I may have an original brochure for the 5001 I can scan for you :)

Seller sold them before I could go listen to them. I guess I will never know how well they sound. Thanks anyway.:sigh:

Back
Top Bottom