Wednesday Tunes

Just finished Derek Trucks Band "Joyful Noise". Very interesting blend of music from the young slide guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band (drummer Butch Trucks' nephew), worth checking out.

Now it's "Greendale" by Neil Young.

Thanks once again to the Macomb County Library system.

Check out your local libraries folks; they're much more than just books these days!:thmbsp:

One of my favs spinning now. Ray Charles Cryin time. :thmbsp: Only thing that would make it better is to find a cleaner copy ;)

And yes I do know what day of the week it is:p:

Rush In Rio.
After Hours on CBC2 (on right now)
Dire Straits, Communique
Kool And The Gang, Fresh
Denzel Sinclaire
Rainbow Quartz sampler

Some Old, Some New

Driving to work this morning I listened to a R.E.M. compilation with 21 songs spanning most of their first 10 albums. You remember these albums don't ya: Chronic Town, Murmur, Fables of Reconstruction, Green, Document, Life's Rich Pageant, Reckoning, Out of Time, Dead Letter Office. This is a great comp - not a radio hit on it - instead their deeper cuts.

Now I'm playing a 2003 compilation. It's got 18 songs from mostly 2003 releases from bands such as: The Decemberists, The Shins, Super Furry Animals, Broken Social Scene, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, A Perfect Circle, Radiohead, Cursive, Enon, Grandaddy, Wheat, Fruit Bats, Calexico, Andrew Bird, The White Stripes, and Death Cab for Cutie. I just got this, and this is my first spin. I'll let you know my favs off of here.

After that, I have two cds lined up for the rest of the day here at work - Hootie & the Blowfish (Cracked Rear View), and a Widespread Panic compilation.

That should keep me busy.

JDaniel

Man Of The World-Reflections
on Peter Green hybrid SACD on Audio Fidelity. Stunning, evenin redbook. That Steve Hoffman sure has some ears!

A bit of Kris Kristofferson - Me And Boby McGee

On original Vinyl form Monument Records. Played on my RPM9 / 9c / Ortofon Rohmann MC.

Sweet as a nut. :thmbsp:

Just got back from the library with a couple Asleep at the Wheel CDs, "Ride with Bob" and "Tribute to the Music of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys"

We're gonna be swingin' tonight!!

Originally posted by Trawlerman
A bit of Kris Kristofferson - Me And Boby McGee

On original Vinyl form Monument Records. Played on my RPM9 / 9c / Ortofon Rohmann MC.

Sweet as a nut. :thmbsp:

Welcome to Ak,great Avatar

Alan

Back
Top Bottom