Kenwood KA 7010 integrated amp Qs??

Bill S

Thread Killer
Anyone have any knowledge of this?? 1988 integrated amp - military model sold on military bases overseas. This amp is rated at 100 wpc and has 2 big transformers and 4 caps. Its designed to handle low impedance loads as well. Gave it a thorough cleaning and cleaned and lubed the controls. Works great with even output from both channels. Sound is kind of neutral - not a lot of bass extension but not what I'd call bright either. Seems to have more than enough headroom to drive the vintage Sansui speakers I am running on this 2 channel set up. Anyone have any info on these? They also made a model 7020 which I think was rated at 115 wpc.
Kenwood2.jpg

Kenwood1.jpg

Kenwood actually made some good gear in the 80's! Unfortunately, not much of it made it to US shores...

Hey Bill, nice unit. I am assuming you are the Bill that was interested in my Kenwood KA-5500/KT-5300 this past week? Where 'bouts you located? Would love to get together sometime and compare/contrast equipment sometime. Hope you enjoy AudioKarma as much as I do!

Dan

Hey Bill, nice unit. I am assuming you are the Bill that was interested in my Kenwood KA-5500/KT-5300 this past week? Where 'bouts you located? Would love to get together sometime and compare/contrast equipment sometime. Hope you enjoy AudioKarma as much as I do!

Dan

I'm in Mukwonago Dan. Don't have much stuff really. The Wood is now in the garage controling a pair of Sansui SP 200s and 2 sets of outdoor speakers on the deck along with a small Jamo sub. I've got a pair of Polk SDA2s but they are not hooked up to anything, yet. My son's room has a Pioneer SX680 with a pair of Cambridge bookshelfs. The Kenwood took the place of a Pioneer SX838 that needs new transistors. My Ht setup is in rough shape - need a receiver. I had a Yamaha pro logic with a Vantas dolby digital amp but that is not hooked up, so it's just the Yamaha. I'm running Polk LS50s with a Velodyne sub and Jamo di-pole rears (also not hooked up at present). So there you have it - mostly dead or unused at this point. I'm liking the Kenwood though. Powerful and neutral. Could stand a bit more bass but hard to tell until I can power the Polks with it.

Muckwanago is just a hop skip up hwy 36 for me. When you get those Polk up and running let me know. Would love to hear those. Did you get those from CL not too long ago? I think they were posted for some ridiculously low price until they found out what they had and then re-posted?

No - I inquired about those. They were SDA 1s and asking price was originally $100. They re-listed for $300 which is still a bit low but not bad. Mine are the SDA2s which are a tad smaller. Great sounding stuff though. I hope to set up a 2 channel room in a back garage I have on my property. No one to tell me to turn it down.

Back
Top Bottom