Kenwood Model Eleven G - reliving fond memories =D

musicgooroo

I know this post is a bit useless but I wanted to share some pics of my latest pride and joy =) I just bought a terrific model 11 g off ebay. i paid a bit of a premium ($200 and worth every last cent imo) but it was soooo worth it. My father was in the Army in '72 and we got stationed in Germany. While there my parents bought, among other things, a Kenwood Model Eleven. I grew up listening to so many great vinyl LPs well into the 80's with that receiver. Unfortunately, they sold it when digital receivers became all the rage but I NEVER forgot the clarity and power of the old Kenwoods. I got a pair of C/V DX-7s hooked up to it currently and I am friggin in love again! =) Better still, my parents still had their old Kenwood KD-550 turntable!!! time to buy some old vinyls!

images here:

http://www.dvdtech.org/DSC_0041.JPG
http://www.dvdtech.org/DSC_0042.JPG

Yep, she sure is a purdy one.:thmbsp: I've come very close to owning one of those several times. Very nice.:yes:

Hey btw. Welcome to AK!

My friend owns a Kenwood Model 9, the lil' bro to this one. Got it for 7, off of the 10 the guy was askin'.... no kidding..

The CLEANEST and loudest 80 watts I've ever heard.

Beautiful receiver. Congrats, and welcome to AK.

@ bigstereo: former marine and couldn't help notice your sig. Semper fi! Oh, and thanks for the compliments fellas. I have ALWAYS loved model 11s and couldnt help but share a pic or two =)

@ bigstereo: former marine and couldn't help notice your sig. Semper fi! Oh, and thanks for the compliments fellas. I have ALWAYS loved model 11s and couldnt help but share a pic or two =)

Back atcha Leatherneck. USMC 0341, 6/76 - 6/84. And congrats again on acquisition of that very fine Kenwood.

Attachments

• sgt.jpg
    sgt.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2-3.gif
    2-3.gif
    13 KB · Views: 28
Those Kenny's are sumthin' else....AKer Dennydog has like three of 'em and they're really a beautiful looking receiver. They sound very nice considering how little there appears to be inside them - of course, their cabinets are HUGE so maybe it's just an optical illusion. :D Welcome to AK, musicgooroo!

I bought an Eleven G and a GX when I was in the service in the late 70's and early 80's and I loved them both. The Super Eleven came out right around the end of 1980 with the digital readout for the tuner and still retained the Dial readout also. They were very powerful machines. Although I never opened up either one of mine back then, had no need to since they were new. But, I now own the Nine G and have opened it up and I was rather shocked to see virtually everything is on one HUGE circuit board. Are the Eleven G and GX the same? Although its a very big board, there's not all that much on it as far as passive components, makes me wonder whats going on there. There are all still very heavy units so we know its got the supply to kick out some juice.

Congratulations on finding another Kenwood. Yes I really like the Kenwood Elevens too.

I have a regular model Eleven that started out this series of Kenwoods. I have a Eleven G just like yours, an Eleven GX which is the grey European version and a Super Eleven.

From looking at the manual the only difference I can tell between the GX and G models is the GX is a multi voltage unit and has extra circuitry for that.

2078943590_515853a27f_b.jpg

Those look great DennyDog. Seems like there are problems with that echo display in many of them, not yours/

Thanks DaWoofer. If anyone ever needs a manual I can scan mine which is for the Eleven G and GX and email you a copy. This is also the same manual for the KR-11000G and KR-11000GX models.

Denny

I have an Eleven GX I've had it since 83, I bought from an army guy hurting for money got it for 150.00 still sounds great I need to give it a deoxit bath and check out the fm muting circuit but everything else works fine. Denny I love the look of the dark face on yours.

Thanks TOO LOUD??? I don't want to hi-jack the thread but wanted to add I customized the Super Eleven with the silver knobs and buttons and also the timer knob from my other Eleven G. I love the look of the European Pioneers and that is where I got the idea from to use the silver knobs. The original knobs are black. The KR-11000GX has a dark grey faceplate and the Super Eleven is anodized black.

on a side note....does anyone have any wiring diagrams for this model? i would LOVE to disable the "timer" on it as having to reset it every 2 hours is a pain in the ass...im guessing its pretty easy to do even without a wiring diagram but i would feel safer with one =)

Wow, these are all some really good looking receivers. Thanks for sharing:thmbsp:

It makes me want to get my Model Eleven back into service sooner than planned.

DennyDog I may just take you up on that offer of a manual - but then mine's just a regular Eleven :sigh:

on a side note....does anyone have any wiring diagrams for this model? i would LOVE to disable the "timer" on it as having to reset it every 2 hours is a pain in the ass...im guessing its pretty easy to do even without a wiring diagram but i would feel safer with one =)

Look at your timer knob my 11GX has a position between OFF and 120 that says Reset when it gets to OFF you can turn it to the left into that position and it stays on.

Back
Top Bottom