Vintage Crown equipment in the house

Axcel

Accuphase all the way
Just picked these up today the round 2.5 hr trip was a piece of cake. Threw in some rca adapters for my other 300A and the hand made stand for going mono block. Need to get some banana plugs then I will be off to the races.

Attachments

• DSCF0165.jpg
    DSCF0165.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF0166.jpg
    DSCF0166.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF0167.jpg
    DSCF0167.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 99
I always liked Crown's choice of walnut cabinetry. IIRC, they made a stacked-rack format for the IC-150/DC-150 series. Never saw one for the DC300. At one time, I had a roll-around cabinet from Crown that supported their tape decks and had room for a preamp at the bottom. The whole rack frame pivoted for production work.

At purchase time, you had to put down a $500 deposit for the thing to be shipped in a huge crate that had to be returned. It all came by truck and I remember being totally incapable of getting this huge crate into the house the day the trucker showed up at my door. He refused to help and I ended up 'buying' a bunch of strong arms with beer just to man-handle the thing into the house.

Cheers,

David

yes the cabs are great although they make it hard for placement ( really big) Won't fit into any of my racks they are 21 inches across. They stack on top of each other and look great. Funny when you look in the back almost half of the cabs are empty.

That's a great looking setup Axcel. If they sound as good as they look you're in for a great summer of music!

very handsome , especially all dressed up in their cases. --- I'd love to get my hands on one of those walnut cabinets for my SA-2.

That's some of the nicest looking vintage equipment I've seen in a while, Axcel! Impressive looking, to say the least!

I'd not hesitate a second if I saw that gear up for sale, and I really don't buy anything I don't particularly need.

Enjoy!

John

Not sure if you've seen this brochure, but wanted to share (Didn't scan the back page with the D-150 and D-60 amps). Nice gear!

scan0003kz.jpg

scan0006oh.jpg

scan0007ee.jpg

scan0005kl.jpg

scan0004vf.jpg

Those are a couple of very nice pieces you have there, very nice......

Love the Brochure too.......cool......

Thanks guys they sound as good as they look my big question is do I rack them with my other 300a run mono around 600 watts per side but loose the walnut cases? Life can be so stressfull:music:

I have had time to try many speaker combo's with the Crown and have settled on my BA A400's just nudging the L65''s by a hair. What I love about the Crown gear is there relatively simple make up the 300 has right and left outputs and power button the pre has high and low filters thats about it. There sound is quite impressive considering the price I paid for them.:music:
Proving $$$ invested has something to do with sound but there are still a few diamonds in the rough

nice

Those are in really pretty shape.
I have a DC150 and DC300 that have been used well.
Not like that could hurt them, but they show their "party scars".
Sort of like old rockers.

Nice that they actually have the wood cases.

It's interesting actually finding someone who likes the Crown IC150, all of the searches on that preamp I have done comes up with a negative reaction to them. I was steered away from them 30 years ago.

The OP has the IC-150a which is different from the IC-150. Maybe that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom