Electrohome Crescendo Imperial Schematic

Skuker

So I picked this beauty up the other night and gave it a full once over last night. Looks pretty original. don't think the amp ever left the console. It worked when I picked it up but I'm concerned about powering it up considering everything I see is original and 54 years old (and from all the warnings I've read from visiting this site). If anyone could help me with locating a schematic I'd be in your debt! I'd like to re-cap and restore her to 100%. Came with original sales pamphlet and brochure for the models that year. $850 in 1955.... :yikes:
Ok here come the pics......
Electrohome001.jpg

Electrohome005.jpg

Electrohome009.jpg

Electrohome010.jpg

Electrohome014.jpg

Electrohome019.jpg

Electrohome021.jpg

Electrohome037.jpg

Electrohome018.jpg

Electrohome033.jpg

Electrohome049.jpg

ElectrohomeSpec.jpg

Sorry... got carried away with the pictures, but I couldn't help myself....

Last edited:
*that* is stunning. on of the prettiest consoles i've ever seen. :drool:

is that top driver a "circular horn"?

part of me hopes you paid a LOT of money for this, but most of me is hoping you got it for a bottle of red stripe and two bags of chips...:thmbsp:

hey Skuker, here's some ehome schematics, not sure if yours is there; http://members.shaw.ca/pacifictv/wanted.htm#electhifi

search ebay for electrohome and hope one shows up soon... I think I've seen a few for sale over the years. Sometimes sellers include pics of scans/schematics etc in their auction description, good luck! :thmbsp:

could be the hft-400 10 watt power amp, has the correct tube complement and two phono jacks.

Bolly
-Thanks for the link!! Brilliant.

Madwing
-I think you nailed it. HFT-400 amp, tuner and preamp. All match the tubes and layout. Cheers!
- Yep those are "circular horns" they have adjustable treble controls on the back of the console.
Electrohome015.jpg

Electrohome026.jpg

oh and I think that the silver box in the speaker cabinet contain crossovers. Or so the diagram on the back of the console suggests.

It was a craigslist find for $100. I almost didn't go thinking it was a bit pricey, but once they sent me a picture I was "sold'! :D

Congratulations! An absolutely gorgeous piece you have there and in truly amazing condition. :drool:

Dave

Those drivers give me a Jensen feel, if you have a chance to pull the horn post
a pick or two. Very nice find.

I usualy don't go that high, but that is a steal for $100. Very clean and cool looking. You will need to replace caps in the crossover too. I bet the "treblevel" is a bit off.
Nice score on this one! John

Quick question. The four 6v6's are labeled Rogers "made in Canada". The 5u4gb rectifier tube is a Rogers as well. I'm going to test them at a local shop this weekend, but am wondering if they are a good quality tube. Not much online regarding these tubes. The 12ax7's are Westinghouse "made in England". Thoughts?

Quick question. The four 6v6's are labeled Rogers "made in Canada". The 5u4gb rectifier tube is a Rogers as well. I'm going to test them at a local shop this weekend, but am wondering if they are a good quality tube. Not much online regarding these tubes. The 12ax7's are Westinghouse "made in England". Thoughts?

If the 6V6s are gray glassed, as they appear to be in the picture, they are likely relabeled RCAs. The "made in England" 12AX7s are likely relabeled Mullards or possibly Brimars. Great tubes and long lasting. Well worth testing out.:banana:

Cheers

Lar

Well after finally finishing my first re-cap it lives! I have to say the wealth of knowledge and helpful people on AK is amazing. The sound is brilliant. Per request here are a couple pics of one of the horns.

Cheers!

DSCN1678.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

Last edited:
eekkkk I got one of these exact consoles a year ago and gutted it for the amp alone, just recently stripped the chassis and am doing a complete refurb paint and all. I notice some guys restore these entire units glad to see they don't all hit the landfill

I know it has been awhile, however would you mind putting some decent pics of the underside up in the thread here? I lost my comp to a dead HD and lost all my original before rebuild pics.

Back
Top Bottom