Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

How stupid of me!

I posted earlier concerning my Yamaha C2x Preamp(which is seeing duty again,due to the fact that it's moving-coil input sounds better than my Kenwood Basic C2),but I forgot(?????) to mention my Pride and Joy,the Yamaha PX-3 Turntable.
I also own an Oracle Alexandria,however I prefer the Yamaha.(And not by a small margin.) :) :p: :D

Finally did inventory, so including the ones in curent use and those in the shop:

1 CR-600 AM section is out because someone futzed with the IF can. Otherwise a pretty little unit.
4 CR-620s all restored
3 CR-820s all restored
2 CR-840s waiting for restoration
2 CR-1020s one restored, one waiting
2 CR-1040s waiting for restoration
1 CR-2020 currently on the bench

1 CR-620 with a protection relay that operates immediately, driving me nuts.:confused:

Recently added a K560 tape deck, seller said the tape door was missing so he could not test it. Doesn't have a tape door, just a cover over the heads that flips down. New belt and walnut veneer on the case and it has joined the CR-840 in the bedroom.

Rob

Last edited:
CX-1000 pre amp which I am debating on whether to sell it on ebay or not. I've also had a TX-1000 tuner which actually sold for $484 on ebay (crazy). I got both items at a local pawn shop with remotes and manuals in mint condition for $159.00. I just don't know if I'll get a fair price for the pre amp as this one retailed for $1,595. What do you think?

Frp,
According to the Orion Blue Book the Yamaha CX-1000 goes for around $300.00 but as we all know their prices tend to be on the low side.

I bought mine about 2 years ago for $375.00 which appears to be the going rate these days.

Jeff

One (1) Yamaha CR-1040 being restored, slowly but surely
One (1) Yamaha B2 Power amp, amazingly it still works
One (1) Yamaha C2 Preamp which sadly is out on one channel

looking for:

Yamaha CR-2040 receiver
Yamaha CA-2010 or 1010 amp

ca-1010 amp

I have a ca-1010 i am considering putting on fleabay.Its not mint but it is in good shape and works flawlessly.Interested?

A-1000 integrated amp
T-1000 tuner

They may not considered vintage but I purchased both new in 1985. They are still in like new condition.

M-80
M-70
HTR-5150 Receiver
T-80
C-85
CDC-675
KX-330 Cassette
HP-3 Headphones

I have an opportunity to acquire a KX-1200U tape player, a 3-head unit. Does anyone know anything about this deck?

i will email you some Jon

I will send you some pics,Are you in hawaii.Shipping will be bad.This thing is a heavy beast.

I like to alternate between my Yamaha A-1 and CA-2010 amps. Each sounds terrific in its own way.

If any of you Yamaha lovers out there are tech brains maybe you can help me out.

A while back the protection relay that kicks when I turn on the CA-2010 was shutting down the amp. EchoWars gave me some much needed guidance on replacing some key components in the protection circuit. I replaced all the stuff in the protection circuit as suggested, and now the real culprit has been revealed.

Here's what happens now: When the amp is turned on it runs fine for a few minutes. Then there is a burst of loud popping and crackling for a minute or so, the protection circuit does its little protection thing a couple of times while things finish warming up, then the amp works fine after that.

Its obvious that one component is malfunctioning during its warm up to operating temperature. Because the protection circuit is new, it can now handle the bursts during the warm up problem. Whichever component is causing the problem must be the same one that tripped the relay and shut the amp down altogether when I first started having problems.

So what is the real culprit here?

Does anyone out there have an idea what might be tripping the circuit in the first place? Are there a small number of suspects that would act like this and trip the protection circuit during warm up, or could it be any number of things? If there are a few main suspects maybe I could replace a few parts put things in order.

If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Glenburro

I took my R-2000 in for service. An intermittant problem. They couldn't find anything-- it didn't shutdown for them and they had it for a couple months (with all my stereos, I didn't miss it).
He did go ahead and resolder everything he could see, just in case, so to speak.
But, here, it still does it every once in a while. I have begun to suspect the power on/off switch. I think I've also heard that switch is a problem with Yamaha gear.

CR-2040 Receiver - I think I purchased this in 1978? Will have to look at the receipt when I get home.
Two (2) of the K-960 cassette decks, one (1) black the other is silver.
CR-1000 (Not sure of this model number, but their first CD burner)
And finally the ten (10) band per channel equalizer that I used with the 2040 receiver.
All are still fully operational, the only repairs have been to replace the lights on the receiver and a belt for the cassette decks.

My turn...

Here are my Yammies:

CR-1020 Bought dead at a garage sale, five bucks, cracked board fixed ($75), sold to sister-in-law, swapped back (case now badly scratched) for a Marantz, dead again.

M-35 Bought at an estate sale, low-power class A, sounds better than the CR-1020, especially if used w/o a preamp.

CR-220 Bought (cheap) at the Surplus Exchange, dead.

YH-1 TOTL headphones, bought at an estate sale (1!). They BLOW MY MIND!!!!!!

Some kind of Yammie soundcard, bought over eBay - excellent!

Laz

Merrylander - if you want two more dead Yammies to fix, you know what to do...

Back
Top Bottom