Marantz PM 550 DC

if working and in nice/undamaged condition?? Looks like a bargain!

probably a mid 80's integrated around 60wpc

550? or 500?

Howdy, Mike_M....I found a PM 500 DC Marantz integrated about 10-12 years ago. I used it with a pair of Dynaco A-25s that I was ignorant of, heritage-wise! All I knew was, it sounded good.

There's really not a great deal of info on these (PM s,in general), that I've found on the web, just some specs. Are you sure it's a 550, not a 500? The 500 has 50 WPC, the 700, 70 WPC, so.........550, 55 WPC????

They're not up to the build quality of the 22xx line, but they are very functional, and do sound good........

WARNING.....watch out for the front panel lettering...overly vigorous cleaning WILL take it off......

Anyway, enjoy...willhowl:thmbsp:

P.S. Oh yeah......the price is VERY right......

A-Haa!!!! 550 It Is!

Alright, Mike_M! I don't believe I've ever seen that one !

The front plate layout is way different than the other PM's Ive seen. I assume the big central "window" is a LED meter array?

I really don't think they made too many of this line.........

Enjoy!!....willhowl:thmbsp:

I found one too and I have specs...

I know it's literally three years and a month after-the-fact but; it is rated at 65 watts @8 ohms and 90 watts @ 4 ohms.

I found one in the garbage behind the GoodWill just yesterday...

Those guys are crooked; I found a fresh-out-of-the-box looking Marantz tuner in the GoodWill and it was priced at 5.99 and no tax because it's a charity so I bought it even though I didn't need it...

Then I asked the nice ladies if there was any more equipment the same and they looked at me like I was an idiot and said they had no clue...

I took the tuner accross the street to my friend at his job to show it off and I hung around with him for an hour until I saw the GoodWill truck pull up...

I went over to ask the delivery guys about more stuff that they may have picked up at the same persons house and before I could say anything I found the integrated amp and a low-end Marantz tape deck in the garbage beside the truck...

I couldn't believe it... I blasted them for throwing it out and they said that they didn't work so I took them back to my friends work and stacked the three units together... very pretty but the power cords were cut off the deck and the integrated amp...

I noticed that the four knobs on the amp had been pulled off and then replaced crooked so that no matter what they always pointed at the wrong thing...

Then some guy walks up and askes where I got this stuff and when I told him he said "I was waiting for that!"...

I enquired and he said that he knew it was coming in advance and it was for him... That means that the drivers for GoodWill are selling the good stuff off the truck before it gets to the store...

Luckily for me my timing was good and I SCORED !!

I replaced both power cords and put the knobs on properly and they worked perfectly...

I also picked up a pair of "Mordaunt-Short Festival Series 2" loud speakers for 17.99 while I was at it so for $23.98 I got myself one heck of a deal on a complete Marantz stack and a very British pair of loudspeakers....

Pics in a couple of days :)

Confirm this. This is my '82 golden tower
IMG485.jpg

Good evening. Sorry if I enter these old posts. I have a Marantz PM 550, he plays regularly but the vu-meter doesn't work. None of the vu-meter lights work, the green power light does not work. Can anyone help me? I thank anyone who can help. Thank you

Hi again @Massimogdf - See my reply in your other post. You will get better help with your meter and light problems if you start a new post describing the problem instead of tagging onto an old thread.

Back
Top Bottom