Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Lane..Put me in your will..Your out of control..:D

Dave, you are in my will:thmbsp: and its fun to be insane. I am not responsible for my actions:banana: Wait to you see what is next! A full VFET setup in my rec room with BiAmped JBL 4350's and 4435's so you better get to work. I need 4 Black amps(B-1's of course) and 2 black preamps(C-1's); not to put any pressure on you though:thmbsp::D:D:D:D Do you make house calls???:scratch2:

Dave, you are in my will:thmbsp: and its fun to be insane. I am not responsible for my actions:banana: Wait to you see what is next! A full VFET setup in my rec room with BiAmped JBL 4350's and 4435's so you better get to work. I need 4 Black amps(B-1's of course) and 2 black preamps(C-1's); not to put any pressure on you though:thmbsp::D:D:D:D Do you make house calls???:scratch2:
I don't think you're going to have enough bass with that setup. Better get some SUB1500's to round out that system. ;)

Which VPI TT is that? One of the things I really like about my GT-2000 is how easy it is to setup. I thought about buying one of the rings to sit on the LP. I might have to try that now. I missed the Accuphase amps, very nice. :thmbsp:

The VPI is the Reference Super Scoutmaster with rimdrive. I have one of the copper periphery rings from TTWeights for my GT-2000x and it works pretty good. It isn't quite as heavy as the VPI but it does a fairly good job. You have to add some extra platter mats so the ring will clear the speed indicator though.

The VPI is the Reference Super Scoutmaster with rimdrive. I have one of the copper periphery rings from TTWeights for my GT-2000x and it works pretty good. It isn't quite as heavy as the VPI but it does a fairly good job. You have to add some extra platter mats so the ring will clear the speed indicator though.
Ah I was pretty sure it wasn't a Scout but I'm not that familiar with their whole line. So the GT holds it's weight with the modern gear, cool. :thmbsp: The TTWeights is the one I have looked at, thanks for the tip on the mats.

Ah I was pretty sure it wasn't a Scout but I'm not that familiar with their whole line. So the GT holds it's weight with the modern gear, cool. :thmbsp: The TTWeights is the one I have looked at, thanks for the tip on the mats.

Very telling for me,given that a Yamaha GT 2000x costs at least $3500-$4000 US in Japan,was the fact that there were two GT 2000x in the photo.Not two VPIs. :smoke: :yes:

Just received this...

... DDP-1

%252523ddp-1.jpg

It works. Shown in "test" PCM mode.

To put atop this:
%252523002.jpg

RX-V2090. Needs a little clean-up but works perfectly. Stout!

And a picture of my studio subwoofer, to boot:
(Just a way cool input panel, no?)
%252523001.jpg

I've tested all functions of the Yamaha DDP-1 and it works, but I have not set it up with a decent pair of loudspeakers for any extended listening. I'll report out after I lug the 2090 into my "listening" room and get everything going. Right now I'm lazy!

Last edited:
Recent acuisitions, non-vintage...

yammydvd-s1700.jpg

DVD-S1700 Universal Video/Audio Player - $30 bills on flea bay.

yammyddp-2.jpg

DDP-2 DD DAC. $12 on flea bay. Still looking for a mod to make this thing decode "straight" PCM. Any ideas? Thanks for looking!

Rob

Not sure what "straight" PCM might be as opposed to standard PCM is, but talk to AK member 'dr*audio'. He is very good with things digital.

Yamaha 101M

My MX-10000 is at Soundsmith along with my PX-1 so I put one of the 101M's into action as a temporary replacement. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest; flash and silver components don't compliment each other.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My MX-10000 is at Soundsmith along with my PX-1 so I put one of the 101M's into action as a temporary replacement. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest; flash and silver components don't compliment each other.
Very nice. Which sounds better to you the 101M or MX-10000?

Back
Top Bottom