New England SummerSweatFest August 18th in Clinton MA!

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
The New England SummerSweatFest get together is a GO !

Saturday August 18th, 2012
At Franks shop-
55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks (kinda like Alice's Restaurant but not in an old church).

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we usually go until around 6-7PM.

I thought the winter event went quite well with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards. Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up. Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.
All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio and some basic personal hygiene standards.

JimB

I'm coming!!!!! so excited (this will be my first fest at Frank's place :D).... really looking forward to meeting some New England AK folks.

I am my usual tentative maybe, have to wait and see what the kids weekends looks like. Some goodies to show if I get there will be a Fisher RS-1080,it is a huge monster receiver, a pair of Linn Nexus speakers, and if I am super lucky, my pair of Mcintosh MC30 will be out and ready for show:banana:.
I will bring some beer, maybe a batch of Magic Hat or something.

I am my usual tentative maybe, have to wait and see what the kids weekends looks like. Some goodies to show if I get there will be a Fisher RS-1080,it is a huge monster receiver, a pair of Linn Nexus speakers, and if I am super lucky, my pair of Mcintosh MC30 will be out and ready for show:banana:.
I will bring some beer, maybe a batch of Magic Hat or something.
oh the RS-1080 is a nice receiver! I saw one in a salvation army once, but they wouldn't sell it to me because they were using it as the music system for their store....

Don't go scaring everybody off like that. I thought we wanted people to show up at the summer fests.
Good point - we had that requirement for the Winter event, I think it is fair to suspend that provision for the summer event; except for 'deli.

oh the RS-1080 is a nice receiver! I saw one in a salvation army once, but they wouldn't sell it to me because they were using it as the music system for their store....

It is a recent pick up for me, and I have it doing duty in the barn. The chickens really seem to like it. I also like it. The phono section sounds great. I really want to hear it inside a decent room. I think my wife would kill me if it came into the house. Hoping to demo it for everyone because it seems to get very little press compared to some of the others out there, like the Pioneer and Sansui monsters.

Good point - we had that requirement for the Winter event, I think it is fair to suspend that provision for the summer event; except for 'deli.
joking or serious? what do you mean by suspending basic personal hygiene standards???

joking or serious? what do you mean by suspending basic personal hygiene standards???
Apparently you do not know me - otherwise you would never ask such a question!
It's like that fine line that you don't realize you've crossed until it's too late.
Best to err on the safe side!

no you're right, I don't know you. That's why I'm really anxious to go and meet all the nice folks from the New England area at Frank's place :). I have never been to one of these fests in my life, and I have no idea what to expect, so I sincerely apologize if I have crossed any fine lines, and I agree with you completely :). it definitely is best to err on the safe side, and that's why I just wanted to double check what you said. I'm looking forward to meeting you w1jim so that we can get to know each other more :D.

-jhinkel-

I'm crossing my fingers that I can make it! Nothing like having a beer and burger while lusting over some cool equipment...and hanging out with some of the nicest folks in New England!

Back
Top Bottom