domus speakers

These were not DLK clones but another line from DLK,I believe Doucanoe has heard and seen these . The lower cabs in the domus are the same cabs in my Janszens I think they look very similar.

They looked like an experiment.

They were a very expensive experiment. Retailed for $1500 in 1980 from what I understand. Pretty similar from the Domus owned by a friend of mine but they have a upward firing woofer at the top of the bass unit in a T-line or aperoidic slot vented at the bottom of the unit. A upward firing mid and I think the tweeter is firing downward.

The ones my friend owns have a downward firing woofer and upward firing mids (2) and tweeter.

Pretty cool.

RC

Why on earth would anyone have pics?

I did copy these from the original ad, for reference of course.

RC

Attachments

• domus mirage.jpg
    domus mirage.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 285
  • domus mirage 2.jpg
    domus mirage 2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 198
Dude, you've seen my garage recently! And my wife would have strangled me whether I had the space or not.

Nope. :no:

Did you?

At least your garage is organized. The right side of mine looks like a bomb when off in it.

RC

Hey, was that a cheap shot?! No knockin' the organ-workbench-cum-transformer-anvil combo! :nono:

:lmao: No cheap shot. I would gladly trade garages with you. By the way, whats a cum transformer? I'm not sure if I own one of those.

RC

I spoke to the guy he said he had a lot of calls and they were gone by noon ,he asked if he sold them to cheap .OH THANKS FOR SAVING THOSE PICS, I forgot to myself. The cabs of those are look very colse to my janszen z-2cf's also built in 1980.

I didn't even know what a Domus was till today.

They are a pretty cool looking speaker IMO.

Certainly look unique, but how do they sound? Looks like it was a failed attempt to penetrate the marketplace at the time.

I just received an anonymous email that contained this photo.

Looks like this numbskull got the Domus Mirage speakers.

RC

Back
Top Bottom