yamaha RX-V1000 remote problem

mountaindew

I just purchased this receiver with the remote used but in very good condition.The problem is the remote.When I push on a function the transmit button lights up and flashes but it wont change anything.I put new batteries in and still the same.Any solutions to this problem

Make sure it's the right remote for that Yamaha. I bought a RX-V2500 and ended up with the wrong one, so half the remote buttons don't work. RAV221 appears to be the right remote for that system.

this is a RAV222.The man I bought it off of said this is the one that came with it and it worked fine for a few years.Now he said it would work and sometimes it didnt

Remove the remotes cover. Remove the silicon rubber keypad strip. Clean the keypad contact points on the circuit board with IPA and a Q-tip.Also clean the silicon pads contactors with IPA as well. Reassemble and give it a try.

IF no screws . Check in side battery compartment for screws. Otherwise it just snaps together.

When I worked for the SEARS sevice dept.I had to clean dozens of remotes.Stuff gets spilled on them or they get dropped. Largest share of them were just dirty and gummed up. Use it like it is. Or take it to someone for service.Or take a crack at it yourself.

The remote for my DSP-AX620 was going intermittent after years of use - it snaps apart and was a complete nightmare to take apart. I cleaned all the pads and contacts with deoxit, but it didn't help on all of them. Volume and mute still don't work. I had the system from new and never spilt anything into the remote (or the system).

no.I even took a digital camera turned it on pointed the remote at it and it did not flash on the screen.I read somewhere that if you do that and it doesnt flash then its in the remote

no.I even took a digital camera turned it on pointed the remote at it and it did not flash on the screen.I read somewhere that if you do that and it doesnt flash then its in the remote
Perhaps.

Many digital cameras and camcorders have an IR blocking filter in place over the sensor. This will greatly weaken--or totally remove--any sign of emission from the remote control's LED when viewed on the camera.

If your camera has a "night mode", try enabling it and repeat the test. If not, you may need to try another camera or do the test in a fairly dark room, while looking for the faintest response from the camera.

You can perform another test using an AM radio placed near the remote. Turn the radio on, tune to a relatively quiet spot on the dial, turn the volume up and hold the remote near the radio while you hold a button on the remote. You will hear some kind of a repeating noise that should stop shortly after releasing whatever button you happened to press.

Some experimentation with remote position and radio tuning may be required. This won't prove that the IR LED is working or that the right signal is being sent, but there is a good chance that the remote is working properly if you can hear it affecting the radio.

Should you have any fluorescent lighting (or newly installed CFL bulbs), turn them off. Also block sunlight out of the room as best you can. Try the remote again.

I finally got the remote apart,cleaned the contacts and now all working fine.Thanks to everyone for your suggestions

I had to do the same to a DSP-A1000 remote and I learned that to open it you have to go just past the point where you are absolutely convinced you are going to break it for it to open.

Back
Top Bottom