Turntable repairs/ setup in Detroit

amsoilman

Any recommendations for TT repairs in the Detroit area? I have a Denon DP 1000 that needs a little help.

No recommendations . . . but make sure you find someone who specializes in servicing audio. Avoid repair factories. Avoid places that service mostly video.

Ask them if they repair lots of turntables. Every major city has a store kind of like mine, where they service audio only, and do a lot of vintage gear.

Fred

I've had very good luck with this guy, and he's definitely into vintage electronics. He does repair TV's, but he also doubles as a pro audio repair guy, and his shop is full of all kinds of gear, including turntables, tape decks and reel to reel stuff. You walk in the door to his shop, and the walls are decorated with vinyl album covers.

Morrell Electronics
22770 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington, MI 48336
248-474-1591

I've had very good luck with this guy, and he's definitely into vintage electronics. He does repair TV's, but he also doubles as a pro audio repair guy, and his shop is full of all kinds of gear, including turntables, tape decks and reel to reel stuff. You walk in the door to his shop, and the walls are decorated with vinyl album covers.

Morrell Electronics
22770 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington, MI 48336
248-474-1591

I didn't even know about this guy. I'll have to go over and check it out very soon!

What's wrong with your Denon? Symptoms? It could be an easy fix.

Got a new cartridge (DL-110) for it last spring and when I went to install it one of the wires came off the head shell and needs to be reattached. It also needs a weight for the anti skate on the Grace low mass tone arm. I thought if I took it in to get the wire repaired I would have them set up the cartridge as well.

Hmm, that seems fairly simple. Is it the Grace 707 and did you lose the weight? I have one of those as well. Who knows though, maybe the store will charge a small fee for such a repair.

Yes it is the 707 and the weight was missing when I bought the TT last year.

If you have an extra one I would be glad to purchase it.

Back
Top Bottom