Pants: Cuff, no cuff, pleats, no pleats?

Pants style

• Cuffs and pleats

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Cuffs and plain front

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Plain hem and pleats

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Plain hem and plain front

Votes: 51 58.0%

• Total voters
I hate, hate, hate, hate pleats. They look so weird on me. I buy almost all of my clothes second hand and it's much harder to find plain front slacks. I prefer no cuff too, but it doesn't get me heated like pleats do.

Pleats usually help to make a guy look fatter than he is.

I do like cuffs tho. If nothing else, they make a pant hang better.

I don't think I'd do cuffs without pleats, but I'd do pleats without cuffs. It seems like I usually see both or neither, though. Maybe. I think.

I really don't like Levi's with pleats, which reminds me of ironing pleats on my fatigues back in basic training.

I haven't checked in a while, so I'm not sure if my "Marryin' and Buryin' " suit has cuffs or not.

Last edited:
One set of pleats is OK. Too many and you will look fat (or fatter).

Cuffs are optional on flat front suit pants. For slacks (no suit), I prefer flat front and no pleats.

Heavy breaks are sloppy. I like to show some sock.

I don't like the way pleats "diaper" on me. :no:

Cuffs, I care less about, but chose no cuffs in the poll, b/c if I'm going simple, I just as soon keep it simple.

Thanks for asking.

Plain hem and front is what I voted. Cuffs or plain hem for dress pants. Don't care much for pleats. If they look good on me, it really does'nt matter. :D

No pleats. No cuffs. Fitted mod English style 3-button suit/jacket with a hint of shirt sleeve showing. Pants tapered and tailored. Get your suit tailored- no matter what your body type it will look better on you. And a cheaper suit will look more expensive than it is.

For a suit cuffs and pleats. Its the most traditional for business wear, so its my first choice when I have to suit it. I always get a matching pair of plain front cuffs for versatility. If you can find it "Dress for Success" still holds up and you can't go wrong following its rules and advice.

OK, advice solicited... I'm short but with good proportions, with a slender to athletic build. I've owned all sorts of combinations, but never really developed a preference. Question is, do you think cuffs (or pleats, for that matter) tend to make one look shorter?

Back
Top Bottom