Sony SS-M3 Bookshelf Beauties!!

dc270

Now Off the Reservation
Took on a project for a friend of mine and now have them completed. I got these on not good condition, pretty scratched up and chips on the corners galore! Should have taken pics but got busy and did not.

Anyway this is the completed project. These sound absolutely incredible as well! I have to talk him out of these...I smell smoke...oh no... is there a fire nearby these!! HA

Enjoy the pis of a very fine speaker brought back to life!
DC

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 198
I have heard these speakers and they are indeed impressive, I would love to get hold of the SS-M7's.

This is my first experience with them- I am quite impressed! Appear to have Peerless drivers in them and very nice networks!
DC.

Looks very nice. How difficult was it getting the woofer out without "buggering" up the cabinet. I recently purchased a pair of the SS-M7 speakers and am curious to open the speakers up and look inside. Did you pull drivers first - or did you open back of speaker first and enable yourself to push the drivers out from behind?

the drivers fell out into my hands! The tweeters we dome dented pretty good as well but managed to pop them back into place with several vacuum sessions.....
DC

Those would match my SS-M7's perfectly :yes:.

Kidding aside, those are gorgeous. You done good :thmbsp:.

For better sound replace the jumpers on the back , it really opens up the sound , very laid back presentation , I tried several and found the anti cables jumpers sounded best .and place them about 8 feet apart tilted in .

Just picked up a mint pair from Craigslist, they were part of a system along with a Marantz 2230, fortunately for me he agreed to break up the set and sell me the SSM3's for 150 bucks, and he is only 10 minutes from my home and will deliver too, I am stoked and can trade out my Paradigms and put those back in the master bedroom HT system and finally have the spare bedroom system complete, I don't know which receiver to use yet, the 2238B or the 2252, either is nice, but for some reason I like the sound the 2238b makes better than the 2252 even if it's more powerful. I think its more the headphone sound that's much better. I still use my old school Koss Pro 44a from 1975. Hopefully these SSM3 Sony's will rival my Paradigm Studio 20 v.2, and I will be a happy camper, I will critique Sat. afternoon and get back to ya'll

Hmm Studio 20 v2's....might be interesting to hear your impressions of the comparison.

Congrats to both the spectacular restoration and the CL great buy (150 is a killer deal). I do own the SS-M7 in black and paired with Sansui BA/CA-3000 and TU-9900 sound really nice and look great.
Enjoy them!

Beautiful work on those! I'd love to hear a pair of those, or any of this series some day!

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom