Marantz pics, post em if ya got em!

Marantz 1200b with Woodcase

The 4400 scope 2x125Watt stereo 2 quadrophonic 4 receiver

(i have two green and blue)

a set marantz 3300 + 250 (original motorola power transistors and drivers)

some what newer but still a superscope disign
marantz Pm700Dc and scope tuner ST600L (FM LW and MW)

a very popular reciver the marantz 2275 (i also have the 2270)

I still think this is one of the best middle class receivers.
marantz 4270 stereo 2 quadro 4 reciever with SQ2 and woodcase

also a very popular item. is the 3200 and the 140 main amplifier.
i think i have had 6 of these stes.

a strange set but it works fine.
marantz 2440 adaptor with a 140 main amplifier

middle class amplfier marantz 1152DC
sounds great

marantz 2110 scope and the 1200B (orginal) with wc 2

Inside viw of the 4140 quadro amplifier
2x70Watt or 4x25watt
note the 50V 20.000uF caps.

a little piece of my brothers collection.

marantz 4400+cd400B
i was playing CD-4 records (harman kardon ST7 player with an empire 4000 CD3 head piece) the CD400B gave a fantastic quadro sound.
a good srong signal (look at scope)

marantz 115B
i bought this one from MR marantz
it is a good tuner
i alsow have the model 115
125 for repair

this is not everyting i have.
i have more

SB Marantz said:
Help! more space needed :D

img1249so6.jpg

What country do you live in? Are you in China? I know that's a strange question but I am living in Beijing now and there is a used market to buy this old stuff from Hong Kong or Japan. That picture reminds me of that place:)

inperson

Do I spot a couple of 1180 DC integrated amps there? I bought one new in Germany in 1979. I wish I had kept it. :tears:

Strawman said:
Do I spot a couple of 1180 DC integrated amps there? I bought one new in Germany in 1979. I wish I had kept it. :tears:

Nope, they are 2 x 3250B's
However, i do have a 1180DC.
That is a fine amp.

onepixel said:
Howzit sound?

Man, I don't know. Are you supposed to use this stuff? It's over 40 and 50 years old. It's got tubes? No way it could sound as good as the stuff they make today.

Here's the rest of it. I don't have a lot but what I do have is all very nice. Sorry about the flash on the 10B. Nothing ruins a pretty face plate more than an ugly flash.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MC30 New 041 Medium Web view.jpg
    MC30 New 041 Medium Web view.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 374
  • MC30 New 039 Medium Web view.jpg
    MC30 New 039 Medium Web view.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 370
scott0527 said:
Man, I don't know. Are you supposed to use this stuff? It's over 40 and 50 years old. It's got tubes? No way it could sound as good as the stuff they make today.

That stuff probably sounds 2 to 3 times nicer than a majority of stuff made these days.
Not as loud, but audiophiles judge audio reproduction, not audio volume. Although if you use that on some khorns, it would hurt your ears for sure.

Vintage is better price to price, it would take $25,000 to compete with the quality those marantz monoblocks put out when they are up to spec and recapped.

alexkerhead said:
That stuff probably sounds 2 to 3 times nicer than a majority of stuff made these days.
Not as loud, but audiophiles judge audio reproduction, not audio volume. Although if you use that on some khorns, it would hurt your ears for sure.

Vintage is better price to price, it would take $25,000 to compete with the quality those marantz monoblocks put out when they are up to spec and recapped.

I agree! I was joshing. Most of my Marantz stuff has been serviced at Audio Classics to bring it up to snuff without messing with the overall appearance or circuit.

scott0527 said:
I agree! I was joshing. Most of my Marantz stuff has been serviced at Audio Classics to bring it up to snuff without messing with the overall appearance or circuit.
Wheew, glad ta hear it, you had me scared for a sec.:smoke:

scott0527 said:

Here's the rest of it. I don't have a lot but what I do have is all very nice. Sorry about the flash on the 10B. Nothing ruins a pretty face plate more than an ugly flash.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

AWESOME COLLECTION all i can say is :ntwrthy:

Updated Photo

Santa came a little early this year-some additions that compliment the Marantz combo well...

As far as the thread sorry I posted this reply in the wrong spot!

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 56
marantz gear photos post them if ya got them

Didnt want to spend a whole lot of time cropping and sizing, but, I thought I would submit my pride and joy of music listening on this thread. My marantz amp 1180DC, with my marantz tuner 2130, with my marantz tt 6200. The music comes out of my Cerwin Vegas VS-120's. I hope this helps this thread out some. Thanks for looking. :music: :yes: :banana:

Last edited:
I have had quite a few. Here is one I just picked up.

Rob

Attachments

• 4300 Quad.JPG
    4300 Quad.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 46
gkwolfman said:
Didnt want to spend a whole lot of time cropping and sizing, but, I thought I would submit my pride and joy of music listening on this thread. My marantz amp 1180DC, with my marantz tuner 2130, with my marantz tt 6200. The music comes out of my Cerwin Vegas VS-120's. I hope this helps this thread out some. Thanks for looking. :music: :yes: :banana:
Those are lovely!

Back
Top Bottom