61.7 KB · Views: 304
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 230
TransAudio 1800 motor

I bought my TransAudio 1800 in 78 or 79 with money from summer jobs. It has worked great with only the occasional cartridge change. However, the motor has given out on in (frozen) and I need to replace it. Any ideas where I can obtain a replacement motor?? Thanks in advance!

I bought my TransAudio 1800 in 78 or 79 with money from summer jobs. It has worked great with only the occasional cartridge change. However, the motor has given out on in (frozen) and I need to replace it. Any ideas where I can obtain a replacement motor?? Thanks in advance!

Probably your best bet would be from a scrap/parts donor unit.

Hi Folks, this is my first post here but been lurking for a while. A neighbor gave this (TransAudio 1800) to me for free and she said that it was her dads but she can't find the user manual. The belt was shredded and does not look like the motor is spinning. Does anybody have a user manual or service manual they can share? Would greatly appreciate it.

Cosmetically everything else looks great! It's a nice looking table and would like to see if I can bring it back to life.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi all,
I just picked up a TransAudio 1600 on CL for $10. It's in very good shape, just needs a belt. It's also missing the hanging anti-skating weight. Can anyone tell me how much that weight weighs? Details on adjusting it? Thanks in advance.

I am also missing the hanging anti-skating weight. Please let me know when you know where one can be purchased.
Thanks...

I just purchased a set of three on EBay. I have just completed restoring a 1600 and it functions super great. It holds it's own with new, higher end turntables.

I just purchased a set of three on EBay. I have just completed restoring a 1600 and it functions super great. It holds it's own with new, higher end turntables.
Transaudio was a Pacific Stereo house brand... like Quadraflex. It was their lower line but good stuff... Pacific Stereo had good house brand stuff, some of quite excellent and expensive these days, the Concept stuff.

Back
Top Bottom