Redboy's setup from the audio underground

What really connects me to a piece of equipment is sweat equity. Head-scratching, problem-solving, metal-carving, solder-melting DIY sweat equity!! The longest-standing pieces of gear in my system are those that I build myself.

I'll raise my glass to that as well.

I just noticed something...

I've really got the "stack of crap" look going these days. :yes:

02002.jpg~original

Last edited:
Yikes!

Nice placement on the CD/power conditioner. Is that the position that it sounded best in?

How do the Mc's sound with the Edgars?

Yikes!

Nice placement on the CD/power conditioner. Is that the position that it sounded best in?
Oh yes, I tuned it to the microcrystalline harmonic hyperbolative vibrations (third order, of course!) in the room. It took some doing...
How do the Mc's sound with the Edgars?
Pretty nice, actually. :)

You got some serious gear going on there Nate. I bet it sounds wonderful. I really love the Turntable too. Amazing!!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys (and the vote of confidence, Jeremy :))!

I've had the MC30s back in the system for about a week, as I'm planning to loan the EL84 monos to ejfud for a while. They're really very nice and I hope to keep them for a good long while - it's nice to have some higher wattage amps in the stable, and at ~30W these things are sledgehammers compared to what I typically run. They don't have the magic of a good triode amp and they're not quite as quiet as most of my amps, but they are very listenable. :yes:

I changed things up a bit at the front end last night, too.

It's too early to comment, but here's what's at the sharp end of the stick right now...

02012.jpg~original

Last edited:
Those stack o' crap output wires Nordost Red Dawns by chance?
If so, how do they compare to Blue Heavens?

What a great looking room!!! You take very nice pictures. I would love to hear just one song. Incredible.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys (and the vote of confidence, Jeremy :))!

I've had the MC30s back in the system for about a week, as I'm planning to loan the EL84 monos to ejfud for a while. They're really very nice and I hope to keep them for a good long while - it's nice to have some higher wattage amps in the stable, and at ~30W these things are sledgehammers compared to what I typically run. They don't have the magic of a good triode amp and they're not quite as quiet as most of my amps, but they are very listenable. :yes:

I changed things up a bit at the front end last night, too.

It's too early to comment, but here's what's at the sharp end of the stick right now...

02012.jpg

man those headshells look so cool, what brand is it? what is the concept behind the design? I rememeber reading about them but cant seem to pull the details out of the ol' noodle.

man those headshells look so cool, what brand is it? what is the concept behind the design? I rememeber reading about them but cant seem to pull the details out of the ol' noodle.
Thanks, guys.

Jeremy, that's an Orsonic AV-101s headshell. Not sure about the concept, but there's definitely a cool factor! :)

::Wife rolls eyes::

nice stack 'o' crap there, Nate.

If it gets too nasty looking, send it on to a place that favors clutter-my room! Outstanding, maybe one of the best examples of true DIY spirit on AK. Up there with the late Zilch. I would love the opportunty to experience true high-end stuff. My chances to audition gear other than my current setups is small to nill. I guess one has to form relationships and be prepared to travel. I'm in a pretty big area (St. Louis) but almost never see people with really amazing high end stuff. Lots of vintage and really nice gear, but I yearn to hear big Sonus Fabers and Accuphase or Krell. Here I go dreaming again! :banana: I need to scout out a dealer and after months of inquiry, arrange to hear some amazing stuff. I'm sure you have made a superb effort to get the quality up, I'd love to set up your room and play with placement. That would be something.

Back
Top Bottom