knight speakers???

timespy

Any info out there on these? I have no idea what the wattage is, or anything else for that matter except they sound pretty damn good.

Knight was the house brand of Allied Radio.

Post the model numbers or pics of the speakers, and there are members here who will look them up for you.... :thmbsp:

On the back sticker its saying... 3 way high compliance speaker system kit- 20-9555-u, unfinished walnut. To the right of the knight logo on the same sticker its has 2260k. I have several pictures of these speakers, but have no idea how to post them. Thanks for the advice, hopefully i can find some info on them. I have so many speakers down here, i have to get rid of some, just dont want to let go of something ill regret losing later.

Knight did a lot of kit stuff, judging by the stickers I'd guess yours were sold unassembled. I wonder if those would have been a rough era match for my Allied 495...

They do look as if the backs were put together by someone who needed a new pair of glasses, but they look pretty good, and sound good too. I run across so much stuff im never sure what to keep, whats worth refoaming, or what i should sell off. These look to be on the older side, but are in nice shape.

Most of the Knight speaker systems were pretty unremarkable.
Allied did sell some nice drivers branded Knight, though (e.g., OEM versions of the EV 12TRX and 12TRXB, as well as their 15" brethren).

KN2281top.jpg

pict0063mediummk5.jpg

pict0068mediumhn7.jpg

I had a pair of the KN-2281 very nice sounding the cabinet was a little thin and no internal damping material so it sort of had a guitar like resonance I felt they far outshined the Radio Shack Nova 7's and 8's that I've had though in both quality of veneer and sound

Those look Identical to my Allied model 3004. Same grill cloth and wood finish. If the sound the same they are good sounding for what they are. Mine replaced a set of Pioneer Cs-911's and I have been amazed at their sound

.....looks like these can be used in the garage perhaps.
How come just the garage? :sigh:

Sorry, its become very difficult to find speakers like these in such nice condition down here - the thought of placing them some place I couldn't see them regularly (and where dampness would hurt that pretty veneer) bums me out. :)

BTW: going by the long lenght & smallish diameter of that angled port duct, that cabinet looks to be tuned very low, maybe around 35Hz?

I have a pair of 2260K speakers. The resistors in the crossovers are toast. Anyone know he value of these. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom