Ruger firearms.

Charles

Been kinda slow down here in Sports & Outdoors, lets try to get sumptin' goin'.

For the record, I've two old model 77's (R .25-06, V .243), HB 10-22, Single Six convert., & a GP100, think that's all of 'em. Every one of 'em needed a trigger job, but slicked up a little, they ain't too bad.

Own 'em, love 'em, or hate 'em, any input is appreciated..

Charles

MitsuMan

Always thought one of those .44 carbines would be as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

It's a shame your mother sold yours. I've got my Great Grandfather's original Marlin lever action .410, can't give it to my stepson, I'll have to research my relatives to see who I can give it to who will appreciate it.

Charles

I've got a SS Mini-14, a SS 10/22, a SS Super Blackhawk, a SS Bearcat, SS Single-Six, a regular Bearcat...Maybe a couple more.

Charles said:
Always thought one of those .44 carbines would be as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

It's a shame your mother sold yours. I've got my Great Grandfather's original Marlin lever action .410, can't give it to my stepson, I'll have to research my relatives to see who I can give it to who will appreciate it.

Charles

I always liked a ranch rifle. :yes:

30L.jpg

My dad has a P95. Total crap. I have not met a ruger in any caliber other than .22 that I have liked. That being said, their .22 stuff IS quite nice.

MitsuMan

Those ranch rifles are nice.

I've got a buddy, owns an old Mini 14, slapped a folder on it, a handy pkg. Of course, he also slapped a chunk of Redfield glass on it, which makes it not so handy.

Oh well, he's a little older and blinder than I, can't hit what you can't see.

Charles

Ruger,my second favorite gun maker!
I have number 1's in .375 H&H,.416 Rigby,& .458 Winchester Magnum.
A SS.44 magnum Redhawk,& Blackhawks in .30 carbine,.357 Mag(2),.41 Mag,& a Super in .44mag.
Bisleys in .44 & .45LC.
Lastly,a pair of MKII's in .22lr.
Jeffw likes Rugers!:banana:

Oh, Dear God..A No. 1 in .375 H & H...I shot one of them damthings 4 times, which was 5 too many...my po widdle shoulder was black 'n' blue the next day..The boy who owned it took a Grizzly up in Saskatoon w/it, shot Der Bar thru the shoulders...Der Bar loped off about 50 yards til he realised he was dead..They ate offa Der Bar for a year, jerky 'n' such, the Barskin rug covered a wall in the guy's house quite nicely...

Sandy G

Damm Sandy, how many popguns do your own?

You need to be careful, putting that much iron in one place might throw the Earth from it's axis.

Charles

Charles said:
Damm Sandy, how many popguns do your own?

You need to be careful, putting that much iron in one place might throw the Earth from it's axis.

Charles

and screw up all the compasses in the area :D

Let's just say I could start a pretty good insurrection if I had to...Approx 125 firearms, from-Oh, yeah, fergot this one-SS Old Army blackpowder- to a class-3 Uzi. Several FALs, Mini-14, M-14, M1 Garands, AR-15, AR-10, BM-59 Beretta, Desert Eagle 50 cal, Wildey in 45 Win. Mag, S&W Model 500, Several Model 27 S&Ws, several Model 29s/629s...Wish some of you boys would come & visit some time. We'd drag out these loudenboomers 'n' have us a REAL Tea Party, as my granmaw used to say...<grin>

Yeah, an' what do I take shootin' about all the time when I go ? My trusty Browning Lever-action .22. Little guy is SO much fun. Altho I have a .22 kit for my FALs that's more fun than the proverbial barrel of Monkeys...Its especially fun to have it in the FALO (Heavy-Barrel FAL w/bipod)..Here you have this gawdawful-lookin' thaing w/this "Hell-O-Fuzzy" barrel, & its goin' "Tink ! Tink ! Tink !" w/the .22s...Hehehehehehe...People like the Uzi pretty well, too..."Yea, tho' I walk thru the valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall Fear No Evil, for with dis Uzi, I be the Baddest Sumbich in the Valley..."

Sandy G said:
Let's just say I could start a pretty good insurrection if I had to...Approx 125 firearms, from-Oh, yeah, fergot this one-SS Old Army blackpowder- to a class-3 Uzi. Several FALs, Mini-14, M-14, M1 Garands, AR-15, AR-10, BM-59 Beretta, Desert Eagle 50 cal, Wildey in 45 Win. Mag, S&W Model 500, Several Model 27 S&Ws, several Model 29s/629s...Wish some of you boys would come & visit some time. We'd drag out these loudenboomers 'n' have us a REAL Tea Party, as my granmaw used to say...<grin>

How do you like the S&W 500,my buddy has one. I was scared to touch it off.Talk about a hand cannon....

Ruger -

Had a scoped Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum that I got at a ridiculous deal. You know what they say about when the deal is too good to be true? Upon close examination, the scope mount was a drill-through into the top strap. Two, nice, big, tapped holes equalling ~30% of the top strap width....and strength. Plans of hot handloads went right out the window. I traded off shortly after I got it.

Have the ubiquitous 10/22 that I bought nearly 30 years ago & picked up an original "flat-top" Blackhawk (not super) in .45LC w/ spare .45ACP cylinder. This is the gun I shoot the most. Slow, methodical, nice but not nasty kick, takes me a hour to go through a box of shells. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom