What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Purcell--Dioclesian
Monteverdi Choir and English Baroque Soloists
John Eliot Gardiner

Ray

Prerecorded, Eric Andersen~ Avalanche 7.5 ips, and it sounds so good!!! Got this sealed, and of course, I love to pop seals, so...pop it went. Must have been stored very well, no brittleness or warp or any issues, great.

LOL - me too!

06e34fac.jpg

Yea mines not the prerecorded but someone else did it with Aqualung, then Thick as a Brick,then This was Jethro Tull, then A Passion Play and War Child.

This is my first reel to reel and the first time I had listened to this recording. Question is this..... when got to end of 1st side it automatically reversed and started playing in reverse with second side recorded going oppisite direction. How is that done?

This is my first reel to reel and the first time I had listened to this recording. Question is this..... when got to end of 1st side it automatically reversed and started playing in reverse with second side recorded going oppisite direction. How is that done?

Somebody already put reversing foil on your tape. Or, less likely, your deck has signal-sensing end of tape (recorded tone) and somebody had already recorded one on the tape...

Oh yeah, and your deck is auto-reverse!!

The Rods~Vengence, new 2011 release recorded from CD
Deep Purple~Slaves and masters, recorded from CD
Scorpions~Savage Amusement, recorded from Vinyl
DIO~Strange Highways, Recorded from vinyl

Back
Top Bottom