Miida 3115 or Denon GT-700 info or thought?

gary7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Picked this up on the bay. It has a Ortofon OM 30 I wanted, worth the price of admission. But I can't find much info on the Miida or Denon model. Anyone out there with one that can tell me about it? Is it a decent table?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 67
It seems Miida was a "house brand" of sorts for mid/high-end chains in the 70's. Picked up one of these tables myself out of curiosity. Not super high-end, but a nice, solid DD fully-manual unit.

Finally got the 3115 last Friday. I detailed the damage done in shipping at the thread about bad packers http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=472619 . Anyway, got it up and spinning yesterday. Don't know if its the table or the cart ( Ortofon OM 30, not the newer Super model) or a combination, the first thing I noticed from the lead in groove was that the music came out of black, no noise or rumble that I've noticed on some of my other tables when the stylus touched down. Even on my Pioneer Pl-L100 with my M95ED I noticed very low rumble in the dead wax portions. Speed seems to be dead on after I set the pitch control. This my first full manual table in over a year (upgraded Rega Planer 3), got to remember no auto lift or shut off. Might invest in a Q Up later. Though the arm seem decent, It may be a candidate for a better upgrade later. Might also buy some better feet or cones later, too. All in all, I like it. Just wished it had not been beat up getting here. :music:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 88
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 93
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg