AKFest SMAC Room 2012

jmathers

Anyone interested in participating in a SMAC member room at this year's AK Fest?

I need to get an idea of who is willing to contribute equipment (probably not a problem), set aside some time to look after the room (could be a problem), and contribute some cash for the room fee (definitely need some support). I believe listening rooms are $360 this year. And I need to talk with Grumpy obviously before we pin things down but just wanted to get an idea here first.

Any interest? I know a bunch of our group is already planning their own listening rooms so will not be available. I need a firm commitment from several others (I'd say at least 12-15 people) if we are going to set up a SMAC room this year.

Jeff

As much as SMAC has grown over the last couple of years I can not imagine there being a shortage of help or room hosts!

I am sharing a room with three other SMAC Boys, but if you need any help with hosts I can do a shift in the SMAC room.

Hell, put me down for the first shift on Sunday.

(That will give Island-boy a chance to play his prized copy of Leftoverture in our shared room without my smart ass remarks!)

:D

Thanks Olson for volunteering. We'll see how things shake out - with so many members, as you say, we should have plenty of help. I take it your response is an affirmative though for actually having a SMAC room this year. I must admit I'm on the fence myself.....:scratch2:

Jeff

I'm willing to cover a shift as well as contribute some bucks. Maybe $100.00 or so. So count me in for whatever. I'd donate some equipment but I'm sure it is not good enough.

I'm in for $50, I can help out (not Saturday evening/night - I have opera tickets) and I could contribute a Pro-Ject Xperience/Ortofon 2M Black if we are desperate.

Jeff,

I would volunteer my time if I were still in Michigan, but please do count me in for a monetary contribution for the room. Can't not have a SMAC room at AKFest. :thmbsp:

What I can bring is a Squeezebox Touch, a Gamma II DAC, a digital source server with lossless files and the vinyl counterparts for those files, an Ipod Touch so folks can try out the Swueezebox remote and Ipeng, a turntable if nobody else is bringing one to compare the analog versions to the digital,a Creek Audio LTD OBH-12 Passive Pre to AB other DAC's if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I will donate the room I have paid for and help out, not sure if I can haul everything I would have liked to.

That's very generous. However, I need to talk to Grumpy first re: the room (in the past we were able to get a larger room - I'm not sure that's possible this time though). So please keep your room for now.

I'll certainly help you out with equipment needs and/or schelping stuff to your listening room. And other SMAC folks would likely help as well.

Jeff

What I can bring is a Squeezebox Touch, a Gamma II DAC, a digital source server with lossless files and the vinyl counterparts for those files, an Ipod Touch so folks can try out the Swueezebox remote and Ipeng, a turntable if nobody else is bringing one to compare the analog versions to the digital,a Creek Audio LTD OBH-12 Passive Pre to AB other DAC's if anyone is interested.

Excellent. Please save this info for when I start the SMAC Room equipment thread.

Just an aside - this year I'd like to assemble the final SMAC room system prior to the Fest either at my place or someone else's place to get an idea of how it's going to sound at the Fest. We can then make adjustments as necessary before we haul everything to the room. This will take some more time.

Thanks for offering stuff up in advance!

Jeff

I'm willing to cover a shift as well as contribute some bucks. Maybe $100.00 or so. So count me in for whatever. I'd donate some equipment but I'm sure it is not good enough.

Thanks Dave. Yeah, we can do better than your VPI HR-X table. I think I'll just throw the Continuum Caliburn in the back of the car and take that.:D

My dolly, my back and my-self will be there Friday and Sunday to help set up and knock down. Let me know the where and when to contribute and I'll send some of that low value Canadian money :lmao::lmao:

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I'm in!

What do we want to feature...

DIY valve amps?

A vinyl rig? He, he, he

Happy Listening!:beatnik:

That's very generous. However, I need to talk to Grumpy first re: the room (in the past we were able to get a larger room - I'm not sure that's possible this time though). So please keep your room for now.

I'll certainly help you out with equipment needs and/or schelping stuff to your listening room. And other SMAC folks would likely help as well.

Jeff

If a larger room isn't available, this is still on the table, or maybe we can upgrade the room.

Back
Top Bottom