Rockwell/delta unisaw, anyone have one and restore it?

Cool beans, they are good saws, IMO. If you still have friends at the toolmaking shop, you might throw out the idea of building your own fence. I know how some guys are and someone might take it on as a crusade of sorts. I bet you could make one that rivals or surpasses most of them.
The Mule fence I use has a 1/8"aluminum box channel, 1 1/2", open on one face for the rail and the locking mechanism is a threaded rod and two tapped blocks inside the rail. A piece of 3/16" angle iron attaches the mechanism to a large, 2 1/2" extruded aluminum T-track that is the fence. It is a very simple design but is quite stable.

picked up a delta t-square fence on CL today for 75$. Guy tossed in a cast iron extension with it.

got that on there and got it trued up.
in the process of tapping 2 holes and making a sacrificial fence for it.

Nice grab, either of those isell for much more than the total you paid!I think you're going to be real happy with that saw. What types of blades are you using?

Nice grab, either of those isell for much more than the total you paid!I think you're going to be real happy with that saw. What types of blades are you using?

Currently a cheap 48 tooth rip blade, and a Freud 80 tooth finishing blade.

If you see one on sale, grab a Forrest Woodworker or Woodworker II. I'm using a Freud Glue-line rip blade, ATM, and it's a fairly good blade but doesn't make the same difference as using a Forrest.

Back
Top Bottom