Kenwood kd-750

boatdrinks77

Pretty excited, Picked up a Kenwood KD-750 last night. Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet - came with the original Kenwood cartridge and stylus. I know nothing about this TT except it is beautiful and heavy !!! I think it weighs 17kg. Any information would be greatly appreciated...... Are there any known problems or things I need to know about this beast ?? Don't know if I like the fact that it is a fully manual table..... Anyway, here are a few pics. Dan :music:

Attachments

• kenwood kd-750 001.jpg
    kenwood kd-750 001.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 368
  • kenwood kd-750 002.jpg
    kenwood kd-750 002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 260
  • kenwood kd-750 003.jpg
    kenwood kd-750 003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 227
  • kenwood kd-750 004.jpg
    kenwood kd-750 004.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 232
  • kenwood kd-750 005.jpg
    kenwood kd-750 005.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 235
That is hands down the best looking Kenwood TT I have ever seen. Very nice!

Congratulations! :thmbsp: That's a beautiful table, and not a very easy one to find. I think it is the third-best TT that Kenwood ever made; the only better ones are at least as rare as it is, too.

The following information comes from a post by "vantagaudio" on AG, back in 2005, It's the most information I've seen about this TT, in one place:

The KD-750 cabinet is a mixture of outer laminated particle board (Kingrose veneer with piano gloss) over an ARCB base.

The motor is a DC servo motor (torque of 1.5 kg.cm), quartz locked with electric brake, unit has 2 speeds (33 and 45), die-cast alloy platter (5.7lbs), W&F less than 0.022% wrms. Rumble figure of -74dB (weighted DIN) and -55dB (unweighted DIN).

Standard tonearm fitted was an S-type, effective length 245 mm with 15 mm o/h, VTF range 0 to 3 grams, cartridge weight range 4 to 14 grams, adjustable collet chuck on arm base.

Unit power consumption 35 watts, weight 38.6lbs (cabinet weight was 16.5lbs of which the ARCB element was 7.7lbs.

That ARCB stuff he refers to is a concrete-like mixture (I think it is cement/glass/stone/resin mix of some kind, not unlike the "faux marble" stuff used in the KD-500/550/600/650 series; it looks more cement-like, though).

My favorite Kenwood (bar the uber-expensive and rare Kenwood L-07D- but the KD-750 is way more attractive).

I've read of some folk experiencing speed issues that are not always easy to remedy- I cannot recall the cause- however, for some decks, like Sony's PS-8750 or Technics SL-1100, this can often be traced to aging caps, and a re-cap cures it just about most of the time.

Congrats on one of the best looking vintage turntables ever made.

Used to own one and loved it. The only reason I sold mine was for fear of it devepoling the infamous speed issue.

Looking back, I wish I'd kept it; it's an awesome table.

You have my holy grail tt! When I first started searching about two and half years ago that model is the one I landed on to eventually work toward. The aesthetics that machine has is almost unparalleled. Congratulations and may the deck offer you years of enjoyment.

I got this one in Denver, and I know where another one is Denver - The guy who owns it would sell it for the right price. I'm gonna call him tonight and see what i can get that one for......... Dan :music:

By the way, Does anyone have any idea when this table was manufactured and what the list price was ??? Thanks to all that have chimed in. Dan :music:

I got this one in Denver, and I know where another one is Denver - The guy who owns it would sell it for the right price. I'm gonna call him tonight and see what i can get that one for......... Dan :music:

It's a not-too-common TT- it'd be nice to have a second one in storage.
:yes:

Kenwood KD-750 Turntable available (like new)

I have this Kenwood turntable available for anyone that is interested. Photos available. Contact me with an email address and I will forward photos. My asking price is $750.00 or best offer plus shipping. I am the original owner. It has maybe 10-20 hours of use then stored when I started using CD's. Includes all original packaging, manuals, receipts, showing that I am the original owner. Send me a message if you want to see recent photos.

Last edited:
You cannot offer things for sale in the open forum like this. Please retract your post and post the sale in the classifieds section.

Dan re the KD-750 being a manual TT that is a BIG plus IMO and usually an indication of sonics before unneeded features.

Back
Top Bottom