Soundcraftsmen 2640tx- life is good!

wizargoz

Just when you think you'll never score again- a pair of Soundcraftsmen 2640tx speakers for $25 at St Vincent! These weigh a ton and look really odd- but God they sound good! Cork surrounds, with a metal honker tweeter sticking out of the mid- the cabinets need work but the drivers are perfect. Carted them in, hooked them up, turned on "Back in Black" on vinyl and cranked it- and what a sound! :music:
I have a Soundcraftsmen SP-4002 preamp wired to an Onkyo M-5160, but I'm looking for a Soundcraftsmen MA-5002 (anyone got one for sale?). The 2640tx will replace my Frazier Mark V's in the main system.
These appear to be somewhat rare- does anyone have any info on them? I Googled but didn't come up with much. Just curious about their lineage. Got some work to do on the cabinets- but otherwise very happy with them.
Every once in a while you just get lucky...
wizargoz

Attachments

• Soundcraftsmen_2630TX_Co-axial_Duplex_Speakers_web.jpg
    Soundcraftsmen_2630TX_Co-axial_Duplex_Speakers_web.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Soundcraftsmen_2630TX_Co-axial_Duplex_Speakers_collage.jpg
    Soundcraftsmen_2630TX_Co-axial_Duplex_Speakers_collage.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Lancer 2640tx.jpg
    Lancer 2640tx.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Lancer Cover.jpg
    Lancer Cover.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 172
Almost forgot...

First 2 pics are from OakTree- just to show the innards. The last 2 are the actual speakers I bought. FYI...
wizargoz

Here is a Pic of mine! To the left of the left speaker you will see the MA5002 Amp

DSC00290-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom