found some speakers: pioneer cs-610

jbav

Tube Enthusiast
I found a pair of speakers, Pioneer CS-610s. I haven't found any real information aside for them being from 1979. I don't think they can be all that great as they're only made from fiberboard, with walnut print vinyl on the sides. I could be wrong though, maybe they're great. Anyone know anything about them?

I have not heard that model, but from your description, I would guess not the best Pioneer effort. How do they sound? Also a picture may help jog some memories :yes:

I have not heard that model, but from your description, I would guess not the best Pioneer effort. How do they sound? Also a picture may help jog some memories :yes:

I haven't listened to them yet. I'll do that tonight and post some pictures.

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

15073 U appears to be the serial on one of them

:scratch2:...I have a later example of that series- looks alot like those, but maybe a slightly lesser model (it has a graph!). Not too impressed with the sound- but you could do alot worse. Biggest problem I think is lack of acoustic foam. They sound alot like my epi's which I love, but a little tinnier, with more bass echo. they certainly look really cool though.

Again, I think yours are a little better off, mine are from the early eighties, and it shows. Yours are in great shape as well- mine had some mold on the grilles :yuck:

i'm going to listen to them as soon as my beomaster gets here in... ugh, still 4 days. i may output from a modern amp first to give them a fair trial. if they sound alright they'll be my first re veneer project.

Back
Top Bottom