any reel to reel repair techs in the PA, NY, or NJ area?

91rtstealth

I'm located near the Lehigh Valley (hour north of Philly) in PA. I have a Sony tc 850 that needs some repair. I have several other decks that may need repairs down the road. I'm just trying to find someone who is familiar with all brands of r2r's. I can't seem to find anyone that is familiar with the Sony.

If you're not in a hurry maybe I can help you out. PM me if you don't mind driving all the way out to the Princeton area.

can anyone around new jersey helpto fix an aki 4000ds MKII reel to reel- it used to work, took it out of storage and now the motor/tape doesnt work- its inoperable.
thanks

Does it light up when you flip the power switch on? IIRC, those have a "manual - automatic" mode on the power switch. In automatic you have to thread the tape around the underside of the lever to the right of the pinch roller to start the motor, but I think you can flip the switch to over-ride it. Maybe take a picture or two and describe exactly what's happening, it's possible that it can be straightened out by you with some help from the folks here.

Back
Top Bottom