What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

yellowbrickroadnet.jpg

Elton John - Goodbye yellow brick road
1973 This Record Co. Limited
Magtec 7.5 ips

I have about every version of this recording. Vintage vinyl, newer vinyl, CD, SACD, DVD-A and now this vintage 7.5 ips. This tape is step up from all the others. Piano tone is exceptional, musical quality of bass and drum is natural, and John's voice, well it sounds like John's voice.

kindofbluenet.jpg

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Columbia Stereo Tape 7.5 ips

Since I scored a perfect AKAI GX-635D for free, I thought I would treat myself to the best Jazz album of all time on 7.5.

Man does this sound mighty fine!

Neil Diamond~ Gold- Live At The Troubador 7.5 prerecorded reel
This is a really good performance from his early days, and sounds so good.

kindofbluenet.jpg

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Columbia Stereo Tape 7.5 ips

Since I scored a perfect AKAI GX-635D for free, I thought I would treat myself to the best Jazz album of all time on 7.5.

Man does this sound mighty fine!

:smoke: you are really splurging - I know what all these go for on ebay (yes I never "win" them)

Meet The Beatles from my original Mono copy puechased by my mother when she was 18 years old on my Akai GX-625

2hdmb1d.jpg

My Maw was hip to the Beatles too - except she was about 30 yrs old...and didnt buy reel to reels. Blame her for getting me hooked on Rock at an early age!

ledzepIIInet.jpg

Led Zeppelin - III
1970 Atlantic
Ampex 7.5 ips

One down, but at this rate it will be 20 years before I get the all the rest. Have to say it is an enjoyable journey. "That's the Way" is magical in this format!

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto #2 in C Minor, Op. 18
Sibelius Finlandia

Oslo Philharmonic Orch.

RCA/Camden CTR-475 @ 7-1/2 ips

Sounds heavenly...

"FIREBIRD" - Isao Tomita. On a vinyl-to-tape dub I made on 10/8/76. Maxell UD 35-90 on my Teac A6010 at 7.5 ips.

Playing on my RT-707 and it sounds as the day I made it. I'm actually quite astonished...

Johann Strauss II-Die Fledermaus
English National Opera-Chorus&Symphony
Charles MacKerras

Ray

Back
Top Bottom