ADS L570/2 Score!!!

noprayer

My little bro was at a goodwill today and called to ask me if ADS speakers were any good. I told him they were. He asked me if i wanted a pair of mint L570/2's for 15 bucks. I said yes. They are now in my backseat waiting to get home and hooked up. They are PRISTINE!!!!! This is the first mint anything i have seen come out of a goodwill. My little brothers score yesterday was even better though. At a salvation army he found a Realistic 2080 receiver and a set of JBL Century L100's for 25 bucks for the set. I'm seriously jealous.

I have the ADS L570 2s. According to a fella who is an avid collector of ADS, the series 2s are a nice improvement over the original 570s.

Congrats! Great speakers!

My first ADS speakers

This is my first set of ADS speakers but one of many in what is turning into a long line of speakers with 3 letter names. I hope they are as good as their reputation.

Wow!

I drove 900 miles an hour home from work and hooked up my new ADS speakers and i must say that they DO live up to the reputation! I am really impressed! Clean and tight are the only two words i can think of to describe them. The first listen was with Rusted Root - "When I Woke" because of the wicked cool drum piece at the start of the disc. Intense! My neighbors are probably a bit peeved right now! It looks like the EPI 100's are off to the closet for a much needed rest. These are definate keepers and i think i just may have to sample some other ADS offerings now. (I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime i want!) Pics to follow. :rockon:

Great score! You can stop looking for more speakers. The best part is you don't have to refoam them thanks to the rubber surrounds!

I've been lucky enough to pick up two sets lf L-810s and a set of smaller bookshelf speakers that I love. The fuses were blown in the tweeters which is way I think the original owner kicked them to the curb. Fourtunately, there was a spare inside!

Finally Some Pics

Finally a few pics as promised.

Attachments

• ads1.jpg
    ads1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 199
  • ads2.jpg
    ads2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 253
  • ads3.jpg
    ads3.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 214
If I lived closer, I might like to go shopping with your little Bro! If he ever makes it out west, have him look me up! Brad :yes:

Just picked up a pair for $8 at the SA Friday auction. will need a re-finish and one grill.

Back
Top Bottom