Pioneer SX-D7000 vs Sansui Z-9000

jgmacv

Fluroscan Lover
Hello all. Which one of these receivers would you prefer? I know which I would keep if I could only have only one. Both receivers are rated at 120 wpc and were manufactured around the same time (SX-D7000 in 1981, the Z-9000 in 1982). Anyone owned either of these, or both, and your thoughts or\or opinions? Thanks! Attached a pic of my D7000 & Z-9000

levisdeer105.jpg

I would go with the Pioneer, if for no other reason, because it has a regular volume knob. I hate those electronic volume controls.

The Pioneer - so much more class and so much better looking. Sadly, I havn't heard them, so on sound quality, I'm ignorant!

I have a D-7000 setup in my bedroom. Its a great sounding receiver. From what I have read it has basically the same amp section as the SA-9800 if that means anything to you. Nice solid tuner too.

Can't say I have ever heard of anyone with that model Sansui.

Here it is on top of my SX-1250 when I first got it to give a size comparison.

2060896142_59bdb8f8b6_o.jpg

That Sansui is an embarrassment to the name.

I trust your statement, but could you elaborate? Since this is my first Sansui--I have no other to compare it with. I do prefer the looks of my SX-D7000 much better. I didn't realize the faceplate of the Z-9000 was plastic, and the case is vinyl wrapped (cosmetic dissappointment). It doesn't seem to have the heft of the Pioneer, but the sound quality is not bad, and does have decent power. That is a nice looking 7000 DennyDog!

I trust your statement, but could you elaborate?
OK. Elaboration forthcoming: It looks like a PoS, regardless of what it sounds like.

Lots of manufacturers made some horrid-looking gear in the mid to late 80's. Here's proof that Sansui was not exempt.

Which one to keep? It isn't even a contest. :no:

I've been looking for a Z-9000. But I wouldn't expect it to sound as good as my D7000.

You should.

Unless the D7000 sounds way better than the SX-1050, SX-1250, or SA-9800,
(I have rotated through these 3) then the Sansui should sound as good.

I had a Sansui Z-5000X. 75 WPC 20-20K @ .007 THD, and it sounded very good. I last used it with my Polk RT-55i's and people used to comment on how "clear and detailed" it sounded.

While I agree the build was horrible, the sound was not.

I must add that I do not have it any more.

I will also add that the D7000 is sweet looking, and I would pick it over the Z-9000 as well.

Rob

I had them both...I still have the SX-D7000 and the Z-9000 was worth far less than the $120 I got for it IMHO. The D7000 on one channel is still a keeper while the Sansui...I just hope you didn't pay too much for it. The Z-9000 is nothing to represent Sansui by. A more level comparison might be the SX-9 vs the Z-9000. Both POS with awful controls/displays.

You should.

Unless the D7000 sounds way better than the SX-1050, SX-1250, or SA-9800,
(I have rotated through these 3) then the Sansui should sound as good.

Funny you should say that. I find the SX-1080 I have to be somewhat lacking compared to the D7000.

I had a Sansui Z-5000X. 75 WPC 20-20K @ .007 THD, and it sounded very good. I last used it with my Polk RT-55i's and people used to comment on how "clear and detailed" it sounded.

I heard a Z-7000 I think it was, or something along those lines, at a meet one time. Compared to my B&O and Mac-4100, it wasn't a much of a contender.

Just saying. In this, my opinion doesn't mean squat, even to me.

Excellent input. I've always been Pioneer, but wanted to try other brands. Had a Yamaha CR-820, some Kenwoods and JVC. I'd never owned a Marantz or Sanusi. Back in the day, I'd never really liked the Sansui style (G models I'm thinking), because I thought they were too "clunky" looking, for lack of a better phrase. I suppose that's what it boiled down to for me, the look. Also, I'm attracted to the oddball and early 80s digital/compu stuff. I suppose I'll get over it.

Pioneer d 7000, çok yönlü bir sx-3900'den başka bir şey değildir. Sx-3900'ün analog ve elektroniğin garip retro yüzünün değiştirilmiş bir versiyonudur. Sansui z9000, öncüden çok daha üstündür. Ben anlamadım Önemli olan cihazın performansı ve sesi değil mi? Ön yüzünün metal veya plastik olması bir amplifikatör için ne fark eder? Buna göre nasıl bir seçim yapılabilir? Önemli olan sadece ses ve performans olmalı, sonuçta bu bir amplifikatör Ekskavatör değil ... İlginç ... Tabii ki karşılaştırma yapılamaz.. Sansui z9000 ...

Pioneer sx-d7000, değiştirilmiş bir ön panele sahip bir sx-3900'dür.
It is a modified version of the sx-3900's semi-analog semi-digital nonsense and antiquated face .. Just that much .. It is an amplifier with no special features.
I do not understand, according to which criteria do you choose the Amplifier.
Does the front panel and buttons of an amplifier be metal or plastic have an effect on sound quality and power?
Does the Amplifier's power doubles when the front panel is metal? Total nonsense.
If you have that much metal fetish, find a shop that sells aluminum window and door systems and satisfy yourself.
Sansui z-9000 is a far superior amplifier than Pioneer sx-3900 and sx-d7000 in all aspects. The cooling system is gas system. The refrigerator works with the principle of cooling..
When you open the inside of the Pioneer sx-d7000, you will see how disgusting, ordinary, simple, outdated and flimsy parts are made. Even the plastic of the push buttons is very poor quality and fragile.
For an Amplifier, isn't its Performance important? Is the front panel metal or plastic more important than its performance?
So let's never argue about Hi-fi here. It's just the image that matters to you.
Performance is not a criterion for you..
You are also differentiating brands..
Of course the winner must be the Sansui z-9000..
UNDİSPUTED..!!!

Back
Top Bottom