What are the good Realistic Optimus speakers to look out for?

I have owned Realistic MC-100's, Opt. 5B's, T-200's, and Mach 1's. to me they all are pretty awsome. :thmbsp:

I have owned Realistic MC-100's, Opt. 5B's, T-200's, and Mach 1's. to me they all are pretty awsome. :thmbsp:
Of all my RS speakers I have to say the ones that have impressed me most is my 7b speakers. They don't exactly excel in any thing in particular, but straight up, no mods, upgrades, changes, etc. and they have never let me down. They're mostly background, but when I can go about my business (8-10 hrs day) and NOT be distracted by my background music, that's a good thing. Surprising amount of bass, good mids and highs. Compared to other speakers I'd say they are on the warmer side and definitely NOT fatiguing like so many other speakers that will go nameless (and I own presently).

Of all my RS speakers I have to say the ones that have impressed me most is my 7b speakers. They don't exactly excel in any thing in particular, but straight up, no mods, upgrades, changes, etc. and they have never let me down. They're mostly background, but when I can go about my business (8-10 hrs day) and NOT be distracted by my background music, that's a good thing. Surprising amount of bass, good mids and highs. Compared to other speakers I'd say they are on the warmer side and definitely NOT fatiguing like so many other speakers that will go nameless (and I own presently).

I have to agree with you. I have 2 pair of the Optimus 1's which are the Optimus version of the Nova 7's. I have never heard them side by side with the "b" version but what you say holds true with mine. I have speakers that are "better" speakers than these, but I just can not get rid of them. Non-fatiguing is a term I have often used to describe them. They may not wow you when you first turn them on, but you can still enjoy them hours later.

Optimus Pro 4000 15" with horns

Hi Jeff,

I just saw your post about a month later now and will chime in a bit.

The Mach Ones are definitely gold standard especially with Videolady mods as mentioned earlier. This summer I was just given a pair of Optimus Pro 4000 speakers in pretty good shape. All I did was replace one LF capacitor from a 33uF to a 14uF per someones suggestion on Audiokarma and now they are my daily speakers alongside the Mach Ones...in other words, they knocked my Cizeks and Timewindow 1 speakers to other rooms. I don't know much about Realistic speakers and definitely very little about the 1990s and their turn to the dark side but I do believe these sound very much like the original Mach One if not slightly brighter. That said, I do wish the Optimus 4000 came with tweeter/midrange controls. That is why I keep them closer to floor per my avatar.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, I seemed to have acquired a habit for Radio Shack speakers. I now own a set of Realistic NOVA 16s, NOVA 7bs and T-110s.

Nice. I agree with a lot of what was written in previous posts in this thread. Yes, I have better speakers, but I’d never turn down a nice pair of Nova-7s or Optimus-1s (or their B successors). Others models I really like include Nova-8s, Optimus-5s, and Optimus-7s, Mach Ones can also sound very nice after modifications, but the Mach Twos I had didn’t sound all that good. I still haven’t owned a pair of Realistic tower speakers (T-100/120/200/300), but hope to someday.

Oh, I almost forgot about the Linaeum series. The LX-4 is an outstanding little speaker and the tweeter on the LX-5 is wonderful. Both benefit from help with a subwoofer.

Mach 1 (4024a if you can find that version), T-120, Optimus 45, Minimus 7. Mach 2's aren't bad but I prefer the Mach 1 (owned both)

Nova 15 is surprisingly good.
The imaging is realistic (ha! Pun not intended). There is a somewhat hollow sound to them, but that’s likely due to the fact that padding consists of a small piece stapled to the cabinet. I never tried to fill them.

I gave mine to my parents, and upgraded over time to Apogee Slant 6.

I listened to the same Nova 15 a couple decades later, and was impressed by what I heard.

Haven't had the chance to hook the T-110s up and give a listen. They do look nice. Cabinets in good shape and still sporting the original hardware. Wondering how they would sound compared to the 7b? And, what would be the result of pairing the T-110 with the 7bs or 16s? Running through a AKAI 1010 receiver.

IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0609.JPG Alright, so far so good. Just went through this trifecta - Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers. The T-110s sound pretty good to my untrained ears. Next up something live. Get Your Ya's Ya's Out, One More from the Road and Live at Leeds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom