Barter Town?

Yes, the yearly subscription fee is $25, which allows access to Barter Town other forums.

In addition, subscribers also have these added benefits:

# PM capacity increases to 1250.
# Picture storage increases to 67 MB (Reg. members get 2 MB).
# Create photo albums on your user profile page.
# You can delete your own posts.
# The ability to add a poll to a thread.
# Bigger signature limit.
# Choose to display your name in "Subscriber Red".
# Use animated gifs as your Avatar.
# Gain the ability to be "invisible" to the rest of the board. (No one can see when you're online).
# Subscribers will not be kicked if idle in chat.

That's one way to look at it. OTOH, despite the constant temptations to spend your money on gear, when one does succumb to that temptations (and believe me, you WILL), you'll find that there are some great buys to be had. MUCH better buys than you will find on the bay. Pricing can range from going market rate to stuff given away and yours for the shipping. Thus, I think if you are someone that buys gear even occasionally, you should do it.

Originally posted by Ray W
I think your wife has a filter to keep you from viewing Bartertown. I've seen your impulse buying at AK Fest and it ain't pretty.

This is hilarious because I too have an uncontrollable nature when it comes to shopping audio.....My wife swears I will have to call a wrecker one day to tow the not running car home that I just bought because my test drive consisted of checking out the stereo installed in it! And when I get home there wont even be an engine! Ouch! :rockon::rockon:

in addition to buying and selling in Barter Town, a subscriber can delete his own posts, very helpful for those times I "glug glug, post post" :)

but really it's the best way to keep this great place running.

Just one of my "transactions" (it was actually a freebie) in BarterTown paid for at least 3 years of subscribing. :thmbsp:

NO, not here at Audiokarma.

Open buying and selling is only allowed in Barter Town.

I've been a member for a few years here now, and have had people tell me about this 'Bartertown' place. Funny thing tho, I can never find it, and the link above goes nowhere. can anyone tell how the &&^%^ to find this site???

You also need to subscribe. There should be a red Subscribe button somewhere on the page when your on AK.

I've been a member for a few years here now, and have had people tell me about this 'Bartertown' place. Funny thing tho, I can never find it, and the link above goes nowhere. can anyone tell how the &&^%^ to find this site???
Become a subscriber and the veil will be lifted.:thumbsup:

Its right under your profile box in the upper right hand corner. It could be the device your using, some of the mobile apps for tablets and phones do not always show all the options.

Subcribe for Dummies.PNG

Last edited:
While "Donations" are always welcome I'm sure (see banner at top of page), if you want access to BarterTown and some other hidden areas, you need to "Subscribe".
Lots of people have donated by mistake trying to get access to BarterTown. If that happens contact admin and he/they will fix it.

Look for HOME in the left side of the slate-blue menu bar, click the HOME link,
and when you get there, look for the red SUBSCRIBE Button on the top Right.

OR, if you look in your profile menu, you will find the Account Upgrades link. Just hover your cursor over your username, upper-right corner.

Back
Top Bottom